CALLING ALL TRADESMAN (Preferably Electricians)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocketroggit

Hey guys.. and girls..

Just a quick question,,i enrolled myself at L'EMCM (ecole de metiers de construction de montreal) in the electircians course not too long ago..

The thing is that you have to pass an admissions exam to get in. In the electricians department, theres over 200 "enrollee's" and theres only two classes opening for the course, which equals to 40 openings.. :run:

My question to the people who have attempted or have obtained a DEP, preferably electricians, did you guys have to pass an admission exam, if you did ,how was it, what was on it.. and is there anything or anywhere i can get info on the exam before i attempt it.. i really wanna get in this course..(e.g: online mini study)

thx in advance !

I did the test at EMCM for plumbing. Basically its the same test. For me they took 40 outta 400. The test is a ****in pain in the ass, its 5 hours long. Youre timed for each different sections in the exam. For example: they give you 7 minutes to complete 50 questions, nobody has time to finish all those questions so its a race against all the other students. There really is no way to prepare yourself for that kind of test, I mean theres even a test where you have to physically put pins in some holes and they time you, and theres a test for color blind.

The only 2 things I can tell you to do since I passed the test and was amongst the 40 taken.

-Answer the questions quick but make sure they are good. That means instead of answering a whole bunch of questions like a madman make sure you answer each question good. There was some kids around me that answered 5-10 more questions on each test and they havent got accepted so I think its QUALITY OVER QUANTITY, but still be fast.

-Whats really important is the orientation and personality test. They are going to give you a bunch of jobs on a list and you have to chose 10 jobs that you would like to do. DO NOT BE HONEST, only write down jobs that are similar to electrician job ie manual jobs with some brains, do not write lawyer judge policemen even if its jobs that interest you because they have nothing to do with your field. LIE ON THAT TEST, for the personality part try to think what they want in the candidate not what you really are.

So thats it, this test is pretty much a gamble(for me 1/10), it depends on the other students you will do the test ''against''. GOOD LUCK!

Hey man, thx for the excellent info!.. extremely appreciated.. if anyon else has more helpful info to add. dont be shy.. thx..

and thx again johnnay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back