check engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
driving home tonight from my girlfriends house, everything is fine and all of a sudden my check engine light comes on, everything seems fine,

in the manual it says its probably an emmision control problem and to see the dealer

is it something with my exhaust/cats?

I had the same thing 3 years ago... waited like 1 week and it went away.... if the car sound and feel normal.. don't bother.. it will go away eventually... if you are really anxious, go to the dealer to check it out.. but it's 85$ to operate the machine.. + xx$/hour. It's probably the anti-pollution system.

Originally posted by Devilish240
I had the same thing 3 years ago... waited like 1 week and it went away.... if the car sound and feel normal.. don't bother.. it will go away eventually... if you are really anxious, go to the dealer to check it out.. but it's 85$ to operate the machine.. + xx$/hour. It's probably the anti-pollution system.

thanx

the last thing i want to do is pay the dealer

yeah tell me about it.
I have to go to the dealer to have my AC fixed. That and the speed dial right now it's stuck on 4 and is noisy as hell.

But the good news is after 2500km there doesn't seem to be any oil burning at all. :) that's good for a near 200 000km engine.

So Steve... you still like your car?

I think I know!!

The check engine light is the loss of pressure in the gaz tank!
Maybe you stop to put some gaz ??

The guy who was having the car before me had this problem and they tell im it was the pressure sensor.:rolleyes:

I had a check engine light problem on my previous car, and it was the ACR valve...not sure if that can help you

If I were you Id pay for the computer test, just to make sure it is nothing serious...

Originally posted by mrshoe

I have to go to the dealer to have my AC fixed. That and the speed dial right now it's stuck on 4 and is noisy as hell.

If your fan only work at position 4, it's the resistor that is damaged.

Originally posted by Steve S14
driving home tonight from my girlfriends house, everything is fine and all of a sudden my check engine light comes on, everything seems fine,

in the manual it says its probably an emmision control problem and to see the dealer

is it something with my exhaust/cats?

Check your code yourself...or pay me and I will check them for you :)

It will take ~ 5 minutes to check that!

It could be anything and nothing seriously.. check any abnormal functionnement. (ie gas consumption goes up, oil burning, smells, noises, difficulties to start when cold etc...)

Originally posted by S14 Drift!
If your fan only work at position 4, it's the resistor that is damaged.

Yeah I figured it was something simple... however taking appart the climate control isn't all that easy and honestly my electronics skills aren't that great. Any quick fix?

Oh and for those of you stuck with a S14 Se with 4 lugs, 4 new Le hubs cost about 600$. I wonder if we can find that in a junk yard for cheaper.. and if it's worth it (part quality and all). I mean I've been hunting a good set of wheels in 4x114.3 and found nothing except subzeros... which I REALLY don't want now...

to answer your question, i love the car

could someoen just tell me how to check the code myself ( i refuse to pay for something i know i could do if i knew how, sorry robin :D )

never mind, its in my chilton manual,

i checked the gastank, its fine for pressure so im gonna read the codes after supper

checked the code (the hardest part was putting the ecu back)

and it came out a code 33 which is a front O2 sensor

now what??

hey steves14.... was it possible that your car was at the steves car wash today? cause i work right next to there (AJAutosport) and i saw an emerald green one pull in, but a woman was driving it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back