So I decided to slap some new wheels on the 2LO mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXAS2LO

They are ALT 362 JDM gold, 18 X 8 on 215/45/18 Pirelli tires. Still sitting on coilovers ...

I think I'm done with all this :(

Here they are :

newrims018hb8.jpg

What do you mean by your getting out of all this? wtf?

Wheels look good, but car looks higher now that you put rims on it. lol

looks good with the rims! it would look even better dropped a lil more... but i dunno how much trouble u'd get from the popo...

btw, i saw in gen. that u got stopped today... did u get nailed with anything? i just want a heads up with wut i should expect this summer... take it to pm if u want

Yeah you saw the other thread ...

I got 3 tickets today :

1. Tints
2. Exhaust
3. Clear sidemarkers

So I'll fix those 3 things up and then I'll just stop wasting money on cars, it's not the first time I do it but now it's enough. I'll invest in my house instead and life goes on.

Height is the same, it's just that now that the wheels are closer to the fender, it looks less drop. Good thing since that could have been 1 more ticket. The back fender is on my rim, it rubs, I can't even fit a finger in there.

I'm not even sure I'll slap the 19's ... I wanted to go all out but looks like we are going to have a hard time this summer in MTL, I don't blame them ... I can assume but it's still a PITA.

I spoke with Begin and Mr Savard for 45 minutes. Good guys, they explained me everything, I also explained them the MR story and they all know about it. I was happy to know that my suspension is legal, but who ever said that freeflow bullshit ... whatever.

You CAN'T change your exhaust for something else, there's no way out, I thought my magnaflow was ok and not freeflow ( it's quiet too on the V6 ) but it is not. Then again, I knew about the tints and the markers, but the exhaust left me hangin'

I was sure it was fine, until now. Anyways like I said, it's their job, they were nice to me as I were nice to them. Even shook Mr. Begin's hand when I saw him coming. I'm like you the one loll.

He's cool, told me my car was freakin sexy and that he feels like shit giving me those tickets, but we have to pay the price for the kids who **** around in the streets with ghetto and shitty annoying mods. I've been there ... but now I guess it's my time. I put a lot of money in my cars, fast too ... I don't take years to slap some mods, I have the 6 for less then 1/2 year now and did enough.

Anyways, I'm not 16-17 no more, so I won't fight this shit over, I'll be paying the tickets monday morning first thing and changin what needs to be changed. It's just that it sucks big time. But I saw this coming. Be carefull guys, I think summer 08 will be a PITA for modified cars.

i'm impressed that you're so cool about it all. i probably wouldn't be able to contain myself as well... but then again i guess u knew about the tints and sidemarkers... but the exhaust thing is a real bitch to hear... here u are thinking that it's in compliance with the law but get slapped with a tikcet anyways...

as for your suspension, i assume when u got stopped it was the same ride height as in the pic and same wheels right? they didn't mention the legalities concerning suspension/wheels/rubbing at all? like did they just let it slide, or a warning, or was it in total compliance?

anyways, ur car looks sick... white on gold...mmmm

No the guy checked everything even TIRE SIZE man ...

The car is low in life, trust me, the back wheels is in the fender and it's actually 2mm away from rubbing ...

The front is flush, no tire tuck so when he asked me to turn the wheel full lock, I still had clearance. So he was cool about that but told me i'm BORDER LINE.

Then the exhaust, well I took another 15 min explaining him that we hear so many stories about them, especially about that freeflow shit. He explained me the law. What pisses me off is that the other dude who got stopped just told me he got away with it ( and he had a slammed 95 civic coupe ). I have a freakin 800$ cat back man, we are not talking about some 80$ fart can. The thing doesn't even make noise, same thing as a 350Z. I got a ticket 3 months ago cause I had 2 fart cans on this car ... I went out and bought something good ... and thinking it was fine ( from my mechanic to all my friends, everyone told me it was legal )

YEAH RIGHT :(

As for the tints, well only 43% of light went through VS 75% that is the limit. Now i'll have to remove them and go no tints since already the glass as a tint to it ( OEM and you see like 78% ) no big room to play there. That's going to look odd with blacked out rear tints.

Anyways, Im pissed inside, but on the other hand, I'm just so sick of this shit.

Vraiment elle est eceurante !!!! Top clean !! Mais voyon dont ! L'ete est meme pas commencer puit tu t'es deja fait bombarder de ticket !!

tabarnak c'est de la bullshit ca ...
C'est pas comme si toute ces tickets allait empêcher un meurtre !!
C'est juste des ptites mods qui fait que c'est 100x plus nice batard :(

Hey you got lucky tho, Atleast the cop you got knew something about lowering a car. My car's tires RUB nowhere even turning the wheel fully and pushing down on the car.

Sibole ca me depasse c'est rendu qu'un gars qui vend de la drug d-town ce fait moin arceller que quelqun avec un belle voiture commeca ! ca me depasse !! C'est quoi les gars qui on de Ferrari exemple, vont avoir des tickets pour trop bas et leurs exhauts.. Moi qui allait dropper mon char et changer mes mags et +,je suis completement turn off en ce moment..

c'est de l'acharnement ...
On dirait qu'ils on rien d'autre à faire !
C'est comme un power trip ..

Désolé d'entendre... De vivre dans les petites ville faut dire ca certain avantage...

Ya x2, sucks to hear about the crazy cops in montreal... i dont think ill be going to montreal/ mabie even laval with my car althou everything is preatty much legal on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back