Bike school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Blitz

I checked the sticky and did a lil' search but didn't find anything..

Where are good schools that offer courses for bikes? Preferably in the west island
I think I should book my closed circuit exam right now (already have the 6A license since last summer) and start the classes. No? How long should it take me? And most importantly, where to go? Best price/quality

+1 for Mortys! I did the course twice (I did it back in the end of 2003...failed my closed circuit test, but never re-did the test...then my permit expired, so I had to EVERYTHING all over again). Theyre great! Passed my test on the first time last April!

Started Lauzon last week. My theory exam is friday next week. And my practical courses start hopefully the day I get back from down south, on the 28th. Lauzon has a spot reserved for skills test at SAAQ May15th, i wanna be done by then. Gonna do courses everyday styles.

Yeah, the best this to do ideally is get you temporary in september/october so that you pass the winter then ready for your road test in april/may... but at least you will be able to drive with somone during the summer! That is better than nothing!!!*tu*

I've just took my appointement !! may 27
I'll be looking at places for the courses by then... how much is morty's?

pour la SAAQ, quand je devrais aller pour passer le test pratique ? avant de débuter mes 22 heures pratiques chez Morty's ou apres ? ( considérant si ya longtemps a attendre )

mortys

i took mortys also very good school. I did it in 2005 dont remember the prices but its like around 500$ bucks if im not wrong and then i had to rent the bike for like $40 for the test and then when you pass its like 27$. something like this :bigup:

Morty's classes are something like 500$ (4 years ago) The price should be the same, cuz I've been looking for other schools lately and the prices are similar, i.e in the 500-600 range.

If you go to Morty's or any other school, you should bring your own helmet, Morty's are especially bad :s....

In terms of quality, the school was ok, I can't compare it with others personally, but I can tell you that other schools (not technik or wtv it's caled) do a much better job of teaching bike control. This information comes from friends who have done their courses elsewhere. But by all means, Morty's is decent enough for the closed circuit exam.

This mandatory course should only be the first step for every bike rider. I strongly suggest taking a followup with another school. I went to FAST racing school in Shannonville, Ontario and the things you learn there will be helpful regardless of how you ride, or what bike you have.

There are advanced riding schools or "seminars" closer to Montreal as well, so you don't have to drive/ride 200 km to FAST.

Morty's classes are something like 500$ (4 years ago) The price should be the same, cuz I've been looking for other schools lately and the prices are similar, i.e in the 500-600 range.

If you go to Morty's or any other school, you should bring your own helmet, Morty's are especially bad :s....

In terms of quality, the school was ok, I can't compare it with others personally, but I can tell you that other schools (not technik or wtv it's caled) do a much better job of teaching bike control. This information comes from friends who have done their courses elsewhere. But by all means, Morty's is decent enough for the closed circuit exam.

I did it at Morty's and you do infact spend more time practicing the exercises instead of general riding techniques.

but Morty's more than prep you for the track exam. I got 100%, it was a piece of cake. The lines set up at Morty's are harder so by the time you get it the track test it's easy.

must have changed... i found the lines at SAAQ WAAAAAAAY tighther than at morty's .... i was getting consistent perfect runs @ morty's but i messed up two exercises @ the exam. The acceleration in a turn (i touched the inside line) and the precision braking (the bike's wheel was bigger than the box :( )

must have changed... i found the lines at SAAQ WAAAAAAAY tighther than at morty's .... i was getting consistent perfect runs @ morty's but i messed up two exercises @ the exam. The acceleration in a turn (i touched the inside line) and the precision braking (the bike's wheel was bigger than the box :( )

As i remember it from 2 summers ago the hook on the sencond exercise was much tighter than the one at the Henri-Bourassa track. And if you used the Buell Blast the wheel shouldn't have been a problem.

You might be right about the acceleration in a turn but that one is not hard.

Good luck and have fun to those taking the lessons and test.

most of the exercises at morty's are harder than the SAAQ but the SAAQ has the SLOOOOWEST light for the counter steer... like last minute hard core.. last minute.org! that was the only thing i missed up on. aside from that was very happy with Morty's and their preparation. that was summer 08, wil be doing my full license soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back