New MR website and forum design

Status
Not open for further replies.
[mrquote userid="8823" username="Turbo86" forum="249" thread="551480" message="7076497" ]
I hardly ever come here anymore because the site took a huge hit when it switched to the new interface.
I recognize that there should be some bugs at the launch of a new product but this is just horrendeous. Last week, for 2-3 days, I couldn't even log into the site. Kind of a big hicup when the site is all about logging in and posting. I've also noticed that the user sessions do not hold. 3 times already today ive checked off the "keep me logged in" box and for some reason i keep having to log in again. I know session aren't hard to keep track of.

I sincerely believe this site has been rushed into production without having gone through enough testing. I also found it laughable that Danny put the site in testing to his Premium members. I pity them for having to go through hard times like that while the average member got the old forum for a little longer. The testing should be done independantly of the regular users, in house or otherwise.

In all due respect to Danny for gicig us a great forum over the years, this one is a big two thumbs down from me. But hey, I am just a single, non-paying, user. So what does my opinion matter to anyone.

Could you clarify which 2-3 day period you had trouble logging in and could you describe the trouble? There was an issue with IE7 for a bit over a day, but if there was another problem, this was the first I'd heard.[/mrquote]

from last wednesday til last friday i believe.

and upon posting this i noticed that your post was the last on page 4 and mine first on page 5, it redirected me to page 4. not sure if that is the appropriate behavior.
Thumbs up for trying to fix things

and upon posting this i noticed that your post was the last on page 4 and mine first on page 5, it redirected me to page 4. not sure if that is the appropriate behavior.
Thumbs up for trying to fix things

Probably not. I think I have to re-work how it decides which page to send you to again.

The "Search this forum" link is not currently active. It's not super high on the list, but maybe later this week or early next week it'll give you a text-field, same with the "search this thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back