Recherche bon prix sur pièces oem Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMax96

Legacy Member
Salut, i made some test today on my car and test my knock sensor... he's dead:cry: Bad resistance on it.

This is why i felt a kind of power loss sometimes. Likes someone is pulling the car in hard acceleration.

I need a new knock sensor now! My dealer quote me at 250$ tax NOT inculded...! I think it's a steal!! Anywhere where i can find a knock sensor for a good price? Online sites ( Canadian or U.S)?

By the way i have a 96 Maxima. Thanks

yeah i need one also.... uhm... do you get any other codes though?

like an o2 sensor or anything? or is it really only the knock sensor code that comes up on your check engine light?

How do you check the codes on the 4th gen Max's?

Thanks.

BTW, both my wife & I find our 3rd gen Max's drive nicer than our 98 SE, must be that solid rear beam in stead of independent suspension, D'oh!

91 SE
92 GXE
98 SE

Oh ya, my brother in-law used to work at the head office in Kirkland, I'll check to see if I can still get at least garage price from a dealer (I use to get cost).

to check the codes, simply turn your car to the on position without starting it... all lights on dash will turn on.

then (on my 96) you look to where the gas pedal is. you'll see to it's right, a plastic panel. remove it. You'll see what looks like a harddrive... :)

on the upper part, a bit behind the gas pedal, if you look carefully, you'll see a little area where you can stick a flat head scrw driver in. It might be covered by a plastic tape. simply cut through it.

now turn the screw clockwise about 270 degrees until you feel it stop. Don't force it. wait 2 seconds and then turn it back to it's original position.

check the check engine light, it should start flashing. long pulses followed by short pulses.

check here for more instrauctions: http://vbxmaxima.8m.com/ecu.html

then once you got the codes, decode the numbers here:
http://vbxmaxima.8m.com/ecudecoder.html

example: 0304 is the knock sensor code... try it out on the decoder :D

good luck.

I don't have any others codes; only code 0304 for the knock sensor.

The first time i checked the codes was like 2 months ago and at that time i got 2 codes. 0304 and the rear O2 sensor. The rear O2 sensor is changed since that time and when i did it i erased the codes from the ECU.

The code has now come back:doh: ( only 0304) but the check engine light was not displayed on the dash.

If you can have a better price on a knock sensor, give me a sign!:) cause 250$+tax for a piece not bigger than a 2$ is a real steal!!

yeah i'd have to agree..... it is crazy expensive :(

I would try to give GMS a call for the hell of it? maybe then can get the part for you?

number: 450-676-3040

err wait, your not on the south shore... ehh hey if they can get it, then maybe you'll take a drive down ;-) hehe

What means GMS? Is it a dealer or a specialized place? Anyway, i will call them for sure. Thanks multiplexor:bigup:

The next time i will be in the montreal area, i will visit a few dealers and see if they have better prices for my knock sensor.

I can also by-pass the knock sensor and put a resistance to do the job but the problem is if my motor pink for a reason or another the knock will not retard the timing... could result in some big damage.

I heard some people did it and never had trouble with that...perhaps i will give a try for a short period.

that expensive ???

HAH dealer is asking me for 750$ for a MAF sensor yes 750 tax not included.. for a KA24DE

750$ for a MAF!!!!!*jawdrop* MAF are expensives but that much is incredible!! Well... 250$ for a knock sensor is not that bad... :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back