gaz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a full tank you gain like .1 or .2 octane point !! Not worth it at all !

Get a 5 gallons of xylene if you really want to boost your octan level !! :devil:

Originally posted by Luc
on a full tank you gain like .1 or .2 octane point !! Not worth it at all !

I was gainning 0.3 to 0.4 with a 10L full tank... It was not my "feeling", it was a quantitative mesaure done with VAG-COM software, where you log iginition timing... Absolutely worthless if you ask me.

is there a good difference between 94 and 91 octane?

my type-S takes 91 octane, so is there really a benefit to getting the 94?

Petro-Canada 94 Octane. If they had Sunoco 94 here, I'd be filling up with that instead.

I stay away from Esso, as it is the dirtiest (highest sulfur content) gas on the market.

Plus, with 94 Octane at Petro-Canada you get double the points :)

I read a post on an rx-7 forum and they were talking about 1st generation rx-7's not needing high octane levels... I was happy since I thought it needed premium gas or something... the twin-turbo ones need 91+ though

supreme d ultramar et a la station ou il y a le plus de roulement car le gas ne traine pas tres longtemps dans leur réservoir et un ultramar neuf de préférence pour avoir du gas qui vien d un reservoir qui nest pas fendue et qu il ny a pas d eau dedans

SHell sucks

Did we all forget that Shell sucks!

Last year they had this BIG problem with their gas... something about plugging and gumming up the combustion system with lots of unburnt deposites.

I had lots of bogging issues and they have not returned since last summer... ever since i stopped using Shell.

It was in all the newspapers and all. They were going to pay for my checkups.. but they said they werent going to pay for my lost time.. only the ones backed up with bills (what bills! I have Honda warrantied items).

Interesting, because according to Statistics Canada, Shell's gas comes in second (after Sunoco) for cleanest gasoline. Followed by Petro-Canada then Esso a long way behind.

Originally posted by Asmodeus
Interesting, because according to Statistics Canada, Shell's gas comes in second (after Sunoco) for cleanest gasoline. Followed by Petro-Canada then Esso a long way behind.

Just a note, in Quebec, Petro-Canada is actually refined by Ultramar/Shamrock/Valero in St-Romuald. Petro-Canada adds some additive in their gas through Ultramar refineries, but essentially, Ultramar and Petro-Canada are the same *IN QUEBEC*. Some other Shell & Esso in Quebec region are also doing the same thing.

Originally posted by Asmodeus

Do you have a link or something? Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back