VW R36 design study

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWSpeed

It will not be a production model, what a shame...

The 300-hp, 3.6-liter V6 remains, but the stock exhaust has been upgraded with a new cat-back unit sporting larger tailpipes. The front brakes have also been swapped out in favor of larger Brembo six-piston units and the wheels are 20-inchers pulled from the Touareg R-Line. All the chrome trim has also been removed and replaced with pieces that match the Passat's Moonlight Blue hue. Inside, race-ready Recaros replace the softer buckets found on the standard model, and they match the two-tone, black-and-white steering wheel, shift boot and even seat belts quite nicely. Volkswagen has made it clear that the Passat R36 Variant Styling Study is exactly what its name would imply

db2008au00449_large.jpg

db2008au00450_large.jpg

db2008au00451_large.jpg

I saw a couple R36 in Germany in January. Probably the best looking VW ever.

user1093_1164080817.jpg

Love this car. I saw one at the VW plant in Germany(with v70Rsik)..Looks simply amazing in person.

If it wasn't automatic, it would be sick!

Well it's no ordinary automatic either. It doesn't have the power loss of a traditional slushbox since it doesnt have a torque converter and it can upshift faster than you ever will with a stick

I think the DSG suits this car really well. Sporty when you want it to but still luxurious and practicable when you just need to commute.

Well it's no ordinary automatic either. It doesn't have the power loss of a traditional slushbox since it doesnt have a torque converter and it can upshift faster than you ever will with a stick

I think the DSG suits this car really well. Sporty when you want it to but still luxurious and practicable when you just need to commute.

DSG = not as smooth as an automatic and not as fun as a manual, it's the worst of both worlds!! :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back