Why Me Lord?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diplomat128

Ok so today it's my little brother's soccer game and I came back really late yesterday so I knew I wouldn't be able to bring him to the game, and my dad's car is a P.O.S so he asked if he can take mine, wich I knew wasn't a good idea since it has a bunch of electronics that must be taken care of (don't turn HID's on while car is off, don't open the doors with the keys or else the alarm goes off bye bye HID's, etc...)

So I half heartedly lent him my car keys, wich I seperated from my set and left on the table with a note on how to use the remote entry and what to do. Well this morning avec getting barely 4 hours of sleep I get a call, it's my dad.

Ok now this is where I need your help,

He tells me when he got to the parc with my brother, the engine stopped. He says it won't start. The starter cranks but nothing. When he actually got it on, it started from a few seconds but ran really slow (low RPMs) and closed again...
I have a bit more than 1/4 tank of gas, so I doubt a lack of gas would be the cause although the symptoms are kind of similar. What would have caused this shit?

wow I'm sure the alarm went off like 3 times since he borrowed it. I can kiss my HID's ass goodbye.

sounds like a problem with the ignition. check the spark plug cables, distributor, etc.....but it could also be a fuel problem, such as the fuel pump, fuel rail, injectors, etc. It really could be anything- hopefully its just some stupid electrical problem having to do with your remote starter. Anyways good luck with everything- hope its not too serious!

Spark Plugs have been changed October 2007
Fuel rails have just been changed last week.
Fuel pump... well I guess if the mechanics changed my fuel lines and evrytaaing they probably checked my pump too.

I have a feeling it's the alternator.

If it cranks really slowly, then it's probably electrical. Your battery must be pretty dead
But I wouldn't know why it turned off on its own. Maybe a bad ground or something.

kahos said:
If it cranks really slowly, then it's probably electrical. Your battery must be pretty dead
But I wouldn't know why it turned off on its own. Maybe a bad ground or something.

Ok thanks man I'll check that out, I'll bring boosting cables. Any other thoughts?

persianrider said:
negative thinking brings negative

next time think POSITIVE before lending the car

lol

haha if only it was that easy :(

Voici une autre pensée négative: Vends ce char au PC parce que des problèmes, tu vas en avoir.

Voici une autre pensée négative: Vends ce char au PC parce que des problèmes, tu vas en avoir.

Je penserais pas... tout ce qui a rapport a la suspension (ou presque) a ete changer recemment et le moteur et transmission sont bien entretenus et renomer et c'est le meme moteur que 626, MX6 et autres... si c'etait un Miller Cycle je me serais surment pendu par contre.

ouai mais tu vien de faire changer tes ligne a gaz ca se peux que de l aire qu koi que ce soit est passé dans tes conduits ou qqchose comme ca .. mais si c est arivé juste une foi c surment ca mais si ca se reproduit pend toi au plus criss nah

I sure hope you dont have the same problem I have on the cherokee...I will find out tomorrow how many arms I need to lose...

My problem turned out to be the computer module, but your case doesnt look as serious

Ok so apparently I lost a connecting rod when my dad was trying to race a Supra with my car. Looks like I'll need a full rebuild or a new engine.

jk lol

My uncle (engineer) came to check it out with me he thinks it's the fuel pump. So I pushed my car to the side of the road where I am allowed to park and went back home. My cousin hooked me up with a towing for only 50$ though.

It's really the first time this happened... even this winter at -30 with 5 feet of snow on my car it started with no hesitations. Pretty odd if you ask me.

Whatever let's see how it goes, I'm sure it won't cost too much.

Thanks for your help and evrythaing guys! repd

Wow tous ces problemes la pour un set de HID cheap...Ca vallais tu vraiment la peine???

quel problemes? :dunno: J'ai juste pas encore trouver comment desactiver le systeme d'alarme.. Pis mon char va jamais se faire voler.... d'apres moi oui ca vallait la peine en esti.

Pense donc avant de dire n'importe quoi man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back