Just Got My Rims Powdercoated

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWM Performance

Shop Representative
Hi Guys,

The bronze finish on the Rota SVN's on my STi was starting to chip, so I had them powdercoated last week. The finish is gun metal with a gold and silver flake in the paint, it looks amazing in the sun!

I found a member on the forum, matty2013, who was able to powdercoat them at a very reasonable price and he did an amazing job. Check it out:

powdercoated-svn-installed-048-small.jpg

powdercoated-svn-installed-050-small.jpg

powdercoated-svn-installed-057-small.jpg

powdercoated-svn-installed-073-small.jpg

Thanks!

Kevin
TWM

Last edited:
howd they look before?

This is the rims before, the color was OK but the finish was chipping off pretty badly in some spots as you can see. The powder coating made the finish like glass, mainly due to the sandblasting before the powder coating. It's the color I was going for too, now I just need to paint the headlight housings black and de-badge it...

sti-bronze-cropped-319.jpg

Kevin

Go ahead and post the Price Kev, The wheels do look better on the car than in the trunk *tu*

Cool thanks. The powdercoating and sandblasting was $300 total. That's definitely cheaper than any other place I got quotes from, and Matt met me half way to drop off and pick up the rims. I'm extremely happy with the results, thanks again :)

Looks really nice:bigup: Gotta agree with blue_neon with the headlight with an homemade blackhousing, it would look friggin sick!!

1. we need to see more of this car
2. only 300$ i was expecting like 1000$ so that blew my mind.
3. why you gotta debadge it, its like stripping a BMW of the M3 badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back