If you're in an elevator and it falls what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition101

Legacy Member
I was arguing with some friends last night about that situation.

All of them answered that they would jump right before impact....:run:

I was arguing with some friends last night about that situation.

All of them answered that they would jump right before impact....:run:

lol if you're in a falling elevator, you wont have time to think and react by jumping before impact...the impact will most probably come before you think about it since you'll be in panic mode, but also, how the hell do you know when you'll be at impact point???

lol if you're in a falling elevator, you wont have time to think and react by jumping before impact...the impact will most probably come before you think about it since you'll be in panic mode, but also, how the hell do you know when you'll be at impact point???
Tu check sur le cadran I guess lol 5 4 3 2 1 JUMP

Actually, most elevator are equipped with emergency brakes for this kind of an event.

It'll change f**k all if you jump before impact. Your body will be going at the same speed as the falling elevator cage... So even if you do jump on time, you'll just save about 0.05 seconds of life...

Actually, most elevator are equipped with emergency brakes for this kind of an event.

how does it works ?
it detects if the speed is greater than x for x seconds and after that e-brake is released ?
or the user has to push EMERGENCY

I would took stuff out of my pocket and look at it float next to me (suggestion of one of my college physics teacher).

lie down. Most deaths won't be caused by the impact, but by the ceiling crushing you. So lie down, flat, right in the middle. Heck, people have survived non-deployed parachutes, so an elevator is definitely better odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back