info on '03 A4 needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaLude-SH1997

hey guys i'm new to the audi scene and would like to get some info .

difference between a4 sport and base and how to tell if it is really a sport pkg or not ?

is the 6speed problematic any issues ?

sound system how to tell if its premium or base

is apr or giac chip long term trouble and can i just chip the car with no other mods and how much power gain and is it noticeable difference

should i look for rust , what to verify ?

is there any private mecanics i can visit for repair at reasonable rates

and one last thing is it good or great in winter
thanks for your help. :bigup:

hello well theres couple of stuff to check depends if u wanna know if itz an ultra sport package or a normal sport package.. the ultra sport comes with the s4 front and rear bumpers , the normal sport package comes with 17" 5 spoke wheels usually.. and propably the side skirts are the same color as the body and not grey (not sure bout that though) .. im assuming a 1.8t, so for the chips i would say apr is one of the best out there itll cost you about 600$$ installed and ittl give you a gain of almost 25-30 hp and 20lb of torque around there which is worth to doo but ull have to put at least 91 octane gas or even sum chips require 94... they do not have any specific places that rust and plus a 2003 shouldnt show alot .... for more info pm me i hope i answered everything.loool

hey guys i'm new to the audi scene and would like to get some info .

difference between a4 sport and base and how to tell if it is really a sport pkg or not ?

is the 6speed problematic any issues ?

sound system how to tell if its premium or base

is apr or giac chip long term trouble and can i just chip the car with no other mods and how much power gain and is it noticeable difference

should i look for rust , what to verify ?

is there any private mecanics i can visit for repair at reasonable rates

and one last thing is it good or great in winter
thanks for your help. :bigup:

Both a4 sport and non sport can come with the 17" wheels, the real way to check is to see if it has RED shocks. Red for sport, black for non sport.
Sport package can also come with hid headlight and silver interior trim.

Most a4 with the sport package have the premium sound system and it should say BOSE when you power on the unit. There should also be written Bose on the door speaker cover.

Apr, GIAC and Unitronic all have good gains, match that with a downpipe or turbo back exhaust and you'll have significant gains.

The quattro is amazing in the winter.

ultra sport is very rare to find. Front and rear bumpers are different. Not sure if the same as the S4 as noted on earlier post.

Winter driving is more enjoyable, but don't forget that a car with no grip is a car with no grip.

6 speed: I got the 6 speed transmission. Problematic, not in a bad way. Syncros on 2nd and 3rd are always a problem with Audi. Some people have opted for the APR snub mount but be careful, a few have reported to be broken or cracked after our cold winter in Canada. Better solution is a SS from JHM which it's on its way. Otherwise, I love the 6 speed transmission. 2nd and 3rd gear are very strong, and surprisely 6th gear has better response than 5th gear.

Sound system: If you're thinking to upgrade either speakers or the HU, DO NOT get the premium bose system. Sound is ok, but not breathtaking but if you have the bose and you want to upgrade is a pia and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Rust: galvanize metal sheets. But look under the hood, open it up, see close to the grill if paint is not pealing. It's a well made car and if you find rust is due to rock chips or scratches that were not taken care of.

hello well theres couple of stuff to check depends if u wanna know if itz an ultra sport package or a normal sport package.. the ultra sport comes with the s4 front and rear bumpers , the normal sport package comes with 17" 5 spoke wheels usually.. and propably the side skirts are the same color as the body and not grey (not sure bout that though) .. im assuming a 1.8t, so for the chips i would say apr is one of the best out there itll cost you about 600$$ installed and ittl give you a gain of almost 25-30 hp and 20lb of torque around there which is worth to doo but ull have to put at least 91 octane gas or even sum chips require 94... they do not have any specific places that rust and plus a 2003 shouldnt show alot .... for more info pm me i hope i answered everything.loool

humm some info are wrong here

USP doesnt have the S4 bumper, instead, it does have the USP front and rear, and USP blade which are slightly smaller than the S4

As for the chip, Unitronic will give you a LOT more than 20 lbs of torque, more like 60lbs !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back