Brakes Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

scirocco16valve

Legacy Member
i just wanted to know if you really need dual calipers with quad pistons for teh front wheels on a 350Z?

I seen a 350Z with these 2 piece rotors front and rear plus 2 calipers per front side. so make a total fo 4 calipers jsut the front.
Is this an overkill or what?:confused: :confused:

Maybe it doesnt NEED all of that, but if I owned oa 350z, no amount of brake hardware would be considered overkill.

It does weight over 3200lbs. :D

If you never seen your brakes do this

bmwbrake.jpg

you dont need bigger brakes. im not jokeing

I'm sure one aluminium caliper per rotor with 4 piston is enough. F1 don't have dual caliper. It's all for show I guess. On top of that it gives you more unsprung weight. Anyways I'm happy with my alu 4 pots and think most people would be too.

I saw that Z also! Sick, two calipers up front on some huge discs!! Same sized discs in the rear with one caliper. It's gray with a carbon fiber hood and it looks crazy (except for the stickers).

:bigup:

Originally posted by MTLVR6
I saw that Z also! Sick, two calipers up front on some huge discs!! Same sized discs in the rear with one caliper. It's gray with a carbon fiber hood and it looks crazy (except for the stickers).

:bigup:

Yup it is the Z with them TOM MOTORSPORT stickers on it.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by TREMEK
If you never seen your brakes do this

bmwbrake.jpg

you dont need bigger brakes. im not jokeing

i have seen this type of thing on the itr of one of my friends and they where srcap after this

It's useless on a street car...I mean if you can lock up your tires you don't need stronger calipers.

BTW F1s can't use dual calipers, it's in the regs. They did some experiments and it worked well but that was back when they had big-ass slicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back