jdm skyline r32 good first car or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex2192

hey guys i am going to be soon getting my first car and up to now i really love the skyline r32 from jdm. do you guy think its worth getting, is it reliable and will it last in our terrible weather and roads.thx:D

Je pense pas que ca soit la voiture idéale comme premier achat à moins que t'aille les moyens de l'entretenir et de pas faire comme la majorité des gamins qui ont plus de 200hp dans les mains et qui laisse ca sur des pneus finis et ils se pensent sur des pistes de courses quand ils sont sur l'autoroute. Je commencerais plus avec une auto plus économique et moins puissante afin d'apprendre à conduire convenablement (En passant, je dis pas ca parce que je suis jaloux et que j'avais pas les moyens de m'acheter un bolide du genre comme premier char parce que c'est faux..)

ahah ok. do you think if i found a toyota supra for the price of about 7 to 9 000 it would be better to get that or stick wit the skyline for that amount

dude, if your parents are willing to by you a 15K car, ok go for the skyline, because anyhow they would be willing to pay it again.

otherwise, practice with something more money safe. like a 1.5k volks or something.

Drive safe, or kill yourself without hurthing anyone else.

get something basic for a first car .... When you start driving shit happens Im not sure you want a to bent a fender or scraping your paint on your sky. Get a civic Dx and beat the hell out of it then you will learn more about driving and winter driving ..... after you can buy a more powerfull car.

J'espère que tu as un porte-monnaie bien remplis si tu t'achètes une BNR32... C'est de l'entretien en sacrament. Surtout quand le gars avant toi (pour ne pas nommer personne) n'a pas fait attention à celle-ci.

Pis ramasse-toi pas en première page du journal de Mtl avec un titre du genre : "Un jeune conducteur avec une automobile importée tue trois sans-abris à une vitesse folle de 250 km/h".

Bonne chance, après tout !

no guys my parents arent planning on helping me that much i have been working alot. and on the matter of racing i do plan on racing but i will be going to sanair i will never race on the street i dont even have that idea in my mind. but my questin still stands is the skyline a reliable car?

damn its been the car i have been wanting for a long ass time, but if i get it inspected and everything is good will it last or still?

no, get a reasonable car and learn how to drive well. Another side is gaining experience that will help you deal with unexpected situations behind the wheel; better to have a few years of that before jumping behind the wheel of Godzilla.

you never know. get it inspected all you want, this is a car that was beaten to hell in japan for nearly 20 years, and theres not much more to it. these cars dont have 70000km the like the odometer says, they have 170 000km. of course, you could get lucky. but the odds are youre gonna be looking at turbo problems, blown head haskets, spun bearings, oil drive failure, etc etc etc. if youre going to buy one while having little experience, dont buy form a jdm dealer. buy privately so you can know the history of the car at least a bit better.

no, get a reasonable car and learn how to drive well. Another side is gaining experience that will help you deal with unexpected situations behind the wheel; better to have a few years of that before jumping behind the wheel of Godzilla.

x2

if youre going to buy one while having little experience, dont buy form a jdm dealer. buy privately so you can know the history of the car at least a bit better.

EN EFFET X2 !

One simple rule. Private owner (usually) care about their jdms. Jdm importers (usually) don't. Ça a été ça pour moi et probablement une infime partie des importateurs mettent les autos en règle et respecte les attentes du client. Par contre attend toi pas à un GTR en règle pour 10k$ ...

Payer un peu plus cher pour une auto en règle... Crois moi, ça en vaut la peine... De toute façon tu dépensera probablement l'argent que tu aurais sauvé sur un GTR en règle pour réparer le 10k$ GTR que tu achètera .

Bonne chance.

well on the issue of mechanics and problems on the car thats not that big of a deal my familly is in the garage business. but if u guys think the car is unsafe for a kid my age then i think i will just stik with a s13 and when i get the money i will just mod it myself. anyway thx

its not labour thats the big problem , im sure your family is more than qualified to work on the motor. , and lots of help is available online.
its also an issue of practicality and $$. hit the rev limiter once, your motor is probably finished (oil drive problems on 89-93.5 r32s) and you have to pull the motor. but while its out, youre gonna want to rebuild it, and for a rebuild for the rb26 with GOOD parts (cheap, fast, reliable, pick 2), youre looking at 5000$ +

check out my build thread in my sig, youll see what kind of headaches you can have.

your not understanding what anyone here is trying to say.. look ive wanted a silvia since i was 11... and i got it when i was 19.. i went thru 2 honda accords... your first car shouldnt be a high power car anyways.. you should learn how to be responsible with a car like that by starting off decent.. THEN especially that you want to drive it in the winter.. theres ur first big mistake.. reliability should be your second proprity after safety.. look its your decision but ive been driving for 4 years i dont drive like an idiot and i still got into a brutal accident..

everyone in here is just tryin to give u some advice that as a first car a skyline isnt the best idea.. actually a skyline a supra anything like that...

ur choice..

a r32 is a good car if you already have one, when something goes wrong your going to need to go to the shop and get it looked at, and something "will" go wrong sooner or later, these cars from japan havent been driven lightly and are more than 15 years old, unless you have $8k+ for a full rebuild

jdm skyline r32 good first car or not? .. ahahah .... no ?
Don't even think about reliablility... drive a normal car like everyone.
So many kids get killed in these cars, no wonder why my insurance get so high !
These cars are not safe + security impact is poor...
For the same price you can get a nice VW

LOLL, man i took my car twice to the drift because i always had some little thing to do.

skyline aint relaible unless like everybody said you put 5l to rebuild

and you need another car while our car is getting repair.

better get a cheap economic car
then buy the skyline
wat is the bid deal of 1000$ youll get it in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back