My dream car is slightly out of reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWSpeed

My all time favorite car is rumoured to have sold for $28.5M. It was not a public auction, more of a private event sale.

Here are a couple of pics of the beautiful Ferrari 250 GTO. I believe the 22 car is Lawrence Stroll's, I have seen it at many events accross N.A. but always forget if he owns the 22 or 24.

250gto_06.jpg

250gto_32.jpg

250gto_49.jpg

250gto_13.jpg

250gto_19.jpg

Get a 599GTB then :p

As technology advanced as modern day Ferrari's are, they don't compare to this. The 250 GTO is a beauty, and that 3.0L Colombo 12-cylinder is as musical as a Stradivarius and a piece of art like if Michelangelo had designed it. The 599 GTB is not a 250 GTO.

62-Ferrari_250_GTO_Berlintta_DV-08_CM_e07.jpg

it seems new ferraris get further and further away from what they used to be

gorgeous car, really amazing

it seems new ferraris get further and further away from what they used to be

gorgeous car, really amazing

Don't get me wrong, Ferrari's have never been as reliable (by Ferrari standards) and performant as today. Also, aerodynamics play a big role in the design of the cars today, and sometimes you have to compromise style for performance.

Ferrari still build the most beautiful sounding engines, but today they sound more electronic than mechanical. It's like a guitar vs. a synthesizer.

But yes, it's been a long time since I've seen a modern day Ferrari and went wow!

The 250 GTO is a love affair.

when i saw the title, i was about to say that nothing is out of reach if you work hard enought, but in this case, yes!

Great car but the price is too much.
Even if I had Bill Gate's money, I'm not putting 28.8M$ on a freaking car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back