Finally ran a Self-Test on my 240SX 1991

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkawim

Legacy Member
So i was told it would take aprox 20-30 minutes...Yeah well it took me 3hours and 50 minutes...lol

God i SUCK!!!

Anywais...I got the code 45

(4 long flashes folowed by 5 quick flashes)

The code means Injector Leak...Should i be jumping up with Joy or Crying ???

Anybody know what itll take to fix the problem and how much it can cost???

Either way...if anybody has gotten this code B4 id really aprciate your info

Thx!!!

Karim

Nissan ECU generaly always give 55 (no problem)

And I'm wondering how the hell the ECU know that you have an injector leak ??? Is the car running Fine?

Are you sure it's not 55 instead of 45 ?

If you have a 91-93 model it's the KA24DE , this engine use sidefeed injectors, which are not know to leak like the 89-90 injectors... so I guess that if your ECU is right, then it might only be a bad O-Ring that cause fuel to bypass injectors.

Robin

Actualy...

The car does have a problem...

The idle is very shaky and from time to time when i put it into neutral the car will choke...

The injector leak kinda makes sense to me considering the symptoms...What i wanna know is if anyone has ha dthis problem b4...what has to be done???

Ohh and im SURE it 45...me and 2 of my freind where checking it and it did the code aprox 12 times...lol

Anywais...thx

Karim

I had an injector problem once it was an air leak. The O-Rings were finished. I dunno if this is the same problem you're having but if it is it's not hard to fix (on my car anyway). If your actual injectors are leaking fuel then I have no idea.

TTT

Anybody know where i can buy new injectors (NOT at the dealer)

Either way...any info will help...

Karim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back