J'ai finalement changé mon Knock sensor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMax96

Legacy Member
et tout ce que je peux dire c'est *jawdrop* la différence lors de l'accélération est terrible!!:bigup: je ne pensais pas que ça allait faire une si grosse différence!! Il tire comme un neuf maintenant:bigup: Il n'y a plus de coupures pendant l'accélération!!

J'ai utilisé 2 longues rallonges 3/8 drive avec un box joint 12mm et un ratchet 3/8 drive bien sûr. J'ai enlevé la boîte à l'air à partir du throttle body mais juste le top de la boîte, pas le fond.

Thanks to xz003xz who sold me a knock sensor for a cheap price and he's a great guy too!! :bigup:

Last edited:
yeah you have his number? I want one too! hehe

is it that big of a difference??? my god! i can't wait!

I read that a defective knock sensor only advances your timing to about 20 degrees max!

whereas a functional KS actually advances your timing to 40 degrees... 40!!! my god that's pretty big! heh

if you can, get in touch with him for me, tell him multiplexor wants a KS! hehehe

awesome dude, i can't wait to change mine :)

Originally posted by multiplexor
yeah you have his number? I want one too! hehe

is it that big of a difference??? my god! i can't wait!

I read that a defective knock sensor only advances your timing to about 20 degrees max!

whereas a functional KS actually advances your timing to 40 degrees... 40!!! my god that's pretty big! heh

if you can, get in touch with him for me, tell him multiplexor wants a KS! hehehe

awesome dude, i can't wait to change mine :)

If you change yours it WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE! Since yours is OK (unless you have a check engine for that)

Is was deffective...don't think you'll gain power by doing this!

Originally posted by S14 Drift!
If you change yours it WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE! Since yours is OK (unless you have a check engine for that)

Is was deffective...don't think you'll gain power by doing this!

oh... hehe my cel light has been going on for about 2-3 months now... I just don't have the cash to change my KS. but yeah... i am getting the KS code... along with an EVAP code and a o2 sensor code.

I'm experiencing major lag when stepping on the gas... sometimes when i let the clutch out and just pressing on the gas (around 40% throttle) the gar simply does not go anywhere... then a few seconds later the rpms climb above 2k and i have a bit of power back.

But for the most part i don't have the power that i had in the past. :(

Hey S14 Drift, have you tried a maxima with a defective knock sensor and a good one? Try one and you will understand...

Le nouveau knock sensor ne donne pas de gains de puissance mais il restore la vraie puissance du moteur qui était perdue à cause du ks défectueux. Ce sont les nombreuses coupures lors de l'accélération ( dues au supposé pinkage du moteur selon le ks défectueux ) qui font que la puissance n'est pas au rendez-vous.

If you have a ks code, test your ks with a multimeter at the fonction Ohms and if it read overload ( OL) your ks is toasted.

Multiplexor, when i met xz003xz he has in his possession the 2 knock sensors and test both in front of me and both were within specs. So i will e-mail him to enter in contact with you.

:bigup:

awesome! that would be great. I would really like to replace mine.
Uhm is it possible to test the knock sensor without removing it from the engine? with the engine off...

Pas de problem whitemax96!! Je suis content que tout a bien marcher et que ta Maxima roule comme une neuve!!

xz003xz

multiplexor, you can probably test your knock sensor in place but it will be a pain cause you don't have a lot of room to do it. Removing it will be much more easy.

If you attemp to remove your ks, do this when your motor is cold cause you will burn your hands belive me;)

Originally posted by xz003xz
Pas de problem whitemax96!! Je suis content que tout a bien marcher et que ta Maxima roule comme une neuve!!

xz003xz

you still selling the other knock sensor :) hehe

when the knock sensor is defective, it sends the wrong signals to the computer but does it necessarily light up the check engine light?

Originally posted by sauster
when the knock sensor is defective, it sends the wrong signals to the computer but does it necessarily light up the check engine light?

actually, naw it doesn't light it up... it's a "ghost code"

basically it's upto you to determine if you have a defective KS...

simply mash the gas... if it just doesn't feel right, check the resistance of the KS...

i'm gonna snap a pic and describe how to do it in the next day or so... this way it'll help others out.... without having to remove the KS to determine the resistance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back