Sway Bar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-spec

I have a 5th gen (92-95) DX civic, that needs a rear sway bar. I do no have the mounting holes for the sway bar (DX's were denied this right)...so i must install integra LCA's.

If i want to put a 23mm bar what are my options???

If i put a ITR bar, do i no need the ITR LCA's, which are longer then the Civic/TEG of that year?

Get the Comptech 22mm rear sway bar/tie bar combo. Its the meatiest sway bar on the market that won't rip your subframe. The 19mm Neuspeed sway bar is a great alternative.

Progress is 22mm too and is 1.2 the price of the Comtech...i have a nuespeedd lower strut bracce...

Yes, but the progress sway bar won't work in tandem with any tie bar. The Comptech one does. I realize that the Comptech one isn't cheap, but it is hands down the best sway/tie bar on the market.

On a side note, you still running on your stock LCAs?

Stock ones for now...you can get any sway bar to work with the tie bar, ifyou use longer bolts and make new bushings...for the rod ends on the tie bar..

I would just use a ITR bar anyway..same thickness..

i am worried about clearence on my exaust....it's a Apex-i WS, any one know if it's problems with this set up/

Hrmm thats interesting. I was always under the impression that the Progress bar didn't allow for a tie bar simply because of the way it mounts. From what I know, only the Spoon Tie bar will work in harmony with the Progress bar (but if you are going to spring for a Spoon tie bar, you might as well get the whole Comptech set-up). But if you say you can furthur modify the bushings and bolts to mate a tie bar with it, then by all means go ahead, but I'm hessitant as to the condition of the bar's integrity after having done the above mentioned mods in order to compliment a tie bar.

I don't know if this is going to help you all that much, but here is a picture of an SRR bar on a civic with a WS exhaust.

413274_848096212586727837_vl.jpg

Last edited:
Look like it clears, thanks for the pics...you would no happen to have a web site of SSR to get some info on the sway bar woudl you,...i was loooking last night..

That looks like a 6th gen rear table...almost the same tho.

BTW, Skunk2 also makes a sway bar that is 22mm i belive...

Last edited:
Just so you know the SRR sway bar is only 19mm and you have the choice between one that is adjustable and one that isn't.

The Skunk2 sway bar is in fact only 21mm.

Originally posted by SiRGodfather
Hrmm thats interesting. I was always under the impression that the Progress bar didn't allow for a tie bar simply because of the way it mounts. From what I know, only the Spoon Tie bar will work in harmony with the Progress bar (but if you are going to spring for a Spoon tie bar, you might as well get the whole Comptech set-up). But if you say you can furthur modify the bushings and bolts to mate a tie bar with it, then by all means go ahead, but I'm hessitant as to the condition of the bar's integrity after having done the above mentioned mods in order to compliment a tie bar.

Essenstialy you will only need to make 1/4" inch longer bushings or so to clear the sway bar...since you already have to use longer bolts and busings....you are only increasing the distance minimaly, which is filled with a longer bolt. also the only load the bar see's is that of the 1/2" the force applied to the LCA in the outer direction...so it's minimal load but significat deflection.

Originally posted by T-spec
What do you have on your silver bullet? stock or upgrade?

Right now I'm running on the stock bar, but I just finished ordering close to $2.5k worth of mods from Comptech, and no a sway bar wasn't part of my order. :eek: Needless to say I'm done spending on my shitbox for this year, but there's always next year.

But IMO there is nothing close to the one Comptech makes, so come next year I'll be picking one up. Hopefully I can find one used from Ontario or down south.

ttt...

Have you guys heard anything about the Beaks kit? they sell a subframe reinforcement kit for the EG/EK cars to prevent sub frame rippage..I plan on getting the kit..my only concern is if it'll work with the 22mm Progress bar (or 24mm). Or then again, they sell an EG/DC Quick Swap sway bar..which includes everything including the ITR rear sway bar (which is 22mm also..)

I'll assume that if the DX didn't have a OEM sway bar..that the LX also didn't...

I have seen LX's with rear sway bars.....but they do no all have them...

The bleaks kit, people sware buy it...but honesty i woudl just make some sheet metal plates to reinfoce the chasis... i would not get the bleaks kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back