Stripping car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norco kid

how much weight reduction can you do while the car is still plated and street driven? Dash, carpet, seats, interior trim etc. Provided you still have a speedo is it all good?

as long as everything that is needed is still there (stock seatbelt, seat, lights, and everyhting else specified in the CSR)

biggrin.gif

as long as everything that is needed is still there (stock seatbelt, seat, lights, and everyhting else specified in the CSR)

As far as I remember, you can remove all the unused seats, however all the seatbelts and seatbelts lock (well the thing bolted to the car) has to stay installed at all time.

All the safety equipment (airbags, abs, etc) has to be still installed and functionnal. I think that the dash has to stay because of the cluster that shows the speed and mileage of the car. Trim pieces I don't think you need to keep them tough the trim covering the air bags must stay I suppose since they are a part of the system :dunno:

Carpet can go, even the "rust proofing" that is stickied to the frame inside (and which is quite heavy).

For the lights, if you mean headlight, they have to be there as with all the markers and taillight :D however I don't think that you'll get an inspection for a dome light that doesn't work (since it's burnt in lots of cars anyway lol)

I could be wrong tough, feel free to correct me...

As far as I remember, you can remove all the unused seats, however all the seatbelts and seatbelts lock (well the thing bolted to the car) has to stay installed at all time.

All the safety equipment (airbags, abs, etc) has to be still installed and functionnal. I think that the dash has to stay because of the cluster that shows the speed and mileage of the car. Trim pieces I don't think you need to keep them tough the trim covering the air bags must stay I suppose since they are a part of the system :dunno:

Carpet can go, even the "rust proofing" that is stickied to the frame inside (and which is quite heavy).

For the lights, if you mean headlight, they have to be there as with all the markers and taillight :D however I don't think that you'll get an inspection for a dome light that doesn't work (since it's burnt in lots of cars anyway lol)

I could be wrong tough, feel free to correct me...

the seat belt CAN be remove if you remove the seat also
it's kind off the same as removing the seat on a mini van...the belt will come off with it

the only thing i could say is...even if you are 100% legal...
because your setup will not be ..standard.. you can maybe end up with some inspection notice
because the cop can have reasonable doubt that you did something else...but normally he can only send you for suspension trouble and other major problem
but since your 100% legal you will pass the inspection

ok, donc si je comprends bien, sur mon auto de lapping (dédiée):

-j'ai pu les ceintures originales
-j'ai des bancs de course
-Tout est strippé à part le dash et les side panels (au cas où on se cognerais)
-volant oem changé pour type R avec airbag
-pu de spare
-pu de tapis
-pu d'isolation sur le plancher
-pu d'isolation de toit et dome light
-l'extérieur est bone stock

Je serais illégal et un policier pourrais faire remorquer ma voiture ??

Si c'est le cas, va falloir je me trouve une van et trailer au plus vite... :cry:

-pu de spare
-pu de tapis

Si c'est le cas, va falloir je me trouve une van et trailer au plus vite... :cry:

ya peu etre plus mais le seul point donc je dirait que tu risque d'etre en trouble c'est le fait que tu n'as plus les ceintures oem, ca disont que ta pas besoin de chercher ben ben pour savoir que tu doit les avoirs, MAIS bien sur ca reste toujours a la discretion de l'agent

si 'il voit que la jobs semble professionel (et que c'est un gars :run:) il pourrait disont utiliser sont droit discretionnaire pour la bonne cause

bah au pire il peut faire immatriculler sa voiture comme prototype après une inspection chez l'ingénieur de la SAAQ

-pu de spare
-pu de tapis

As-tu une cage ou un arceau?
Tes ceintures sont attachées comment?

moi pour ma part jme suis fait coler 3 fois asser striper pi i disais rien .. pu de tapis 2 banc donc 1 de course la baterie dans valise dans une boite special mes quand meme .. toute les cul etais sur le metal il jetais un ptit coup de flash ligth mes disais rien rien

pourquoi faire ca, quant tu peu rester plaquer tout se qui a plus de normale:dunno:

en fait la plaque reste la même, c'est juste l'info en arrière qui change (et les assurances)

anyways c'est la seul façon de passer par dessus ben des lois tout en restan légal (full roll cage et muffler compris)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back