JL GTR Project - From stock to finish *new stuff on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
got another piece of the puzzle today....

picked up a Trust Greddy MX 3.5 inch downpipe, with equal length runners...

peep the beautiful construction grade... i was impressed...

so, all this should help with much quicker spool, now all i need is some dump pipes, and exhaust manifolds... then the exhaust system will be complete...

after that, the plan is to finish intake components, then fuel, and a couple more electronic goodies...

thanks for all the support everybody!

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

these came for me today, after a struggle and a half with UPS about shipping information, they finally figured out my address DOES exist.. imagine that?! anyways, these $50 wrenches cost $130 in credit from UPS to me due to their errors.. so basically UPS paid me like $90 to take these wrecnhes.. LOL not bad eh?

they're obviously for my tein coilovers...

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

so i recieved a few parts in the mail today, woohoo! adjustable front upper coontrol arms to replace my old ones that have worn out bushings, and some rear slotted rotors.

next i will probably get some front soltted rotors to match, and i think im going with Hawk HP-S pads when i install everything.

im trying to save up some money to send the car in for fluid flushes and changes and some other maintenance items. so i need to chill on the parts purchasing.

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

So i keep buying up parts for my big plan... but i have yet to install a single thing... i should also mention that i had to sell the PFC ECU, because im going to go mafless.

im also holding off for another reason... I've realised what a rare thing it is to have a completely bone stock GTR in mint condition... and im considering offering it up for sale before i start to mod it... if it sells, I would buy another GTR that is not so mint, and make it more of a project,...

i just dont think its very fair to the community and world to start modifying an original in such perfect condition as mine is without offering someone else the chance to own it instead. so watch the For Sale sections soon.. if i decide to post it up for sale... ill let you all know..

anyways
These just came in the Mail!

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

thanks guys!.. haha mike i had to get these BOV's for you.. since you were raving about blitz on my first GTR...lol

hows the job going?

**** UPDATE****

so, i brought the GTR in to Autoworx yesterday, heres whats getting done to it:

-New timing belt
-New Idler
-New Tensioner
-New N1 Waterpump
-New Rear inner and outter tie rods x 2
-2 Front lower ball joints
-New Tie rod boot on the front
-Engine oil flushed and replaced
-coolant flushed and replaced
-transmission oil, rear diff, front diff, and transfer case oil flushed and replaced
-New NGK Type R Spark plugs
-New Apexi Air intake kit

and also installing the following:
-Trust Downpipe
-5Zigen 3.5" full exhaust system
-Tein Adjustable coilover + lower the car 1.5"
-HKS FMIC piping kit
-Blitz BOV's x 2
-Adjustable Cusco front Tension rods
-Adjustable Cusco rear camber arms
-Adjustable AMS front Upper control arms

thats all i can remember for now. I will post pics and some videos of the new stuff and how it all looks and sounds once i get the car back, i really want to be able to roll to the movies next friday and check out the new FnF, its out april 3rd.

hopefully you guys are all getting your cars ready for summer too! woohoo!

wish me luck!

cheaper to get it all done at once, all done 100% correctly , and all done by the best shop in the city, then do it little bit at a time here and there...

im going to be starting off my summer KNOWING i wont have any problems with my car.

**** UPDATE****

so, i brought the GTR in to Autoworx yesterday, heres whats getting done to it:

-New timing belt
-New Idler
-New Tensioner
-New N1 Waterpump
-New Rear inner and outter tie rods x 2
-2 Front lower ball joints
-New Tie rod boot on the front
-Engine oil flushed and replaced
-coolant flushed and replaced
-transmission oil, rear diff, front diff, and transfer case oil flushed and replaced
-New NGK Type R Spark plugs
-New Apexi Air intake kit

and also installing the following:
-Trust Downpipe
-5Zigen 3.5" full exhaust system
-Tein Adjustable coilover + lower the car 1.5"
-HKS FMIC piping kit
-Blitz BOV's x 2
-Adjustable Cusco front Tension rods
-Adjustable Cusco rear camber arms
-Adjustable AMS front Upper control arms

thats all i can remember for now. I will post pics and some videos of the new stuff and how it all looks and sounds once i get the car back, i really want to be able to roll to the movies next friday and check out the new FnF, its out april 3rd.

hopefully you guys are all getting your cars ready for summer too! woohoo!

wish me luck!

Wicked project so far man, really nice to see a nice skyline around for a change. how much did this setup cost if you don't mind me asking? To do all that work in 1 shot is crazy but definitely saves a lot of money/time i'd assume.

Keep up the good work, you're gonna have one of the nicest around :p

went for a ride in it today after errything was installed..holy ****k is all i gotta say. the sound is pure sex ,blitz bovs screamin goddamn its as clean under the hood as it is around that car. its 2" drop just aint low enough son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back