JL GTR Project - From stock to finish *new stuff on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
MASSIVE UPDATE**********

well i picked up the car today from Autoworx, and i must say, what a pleasure it is to deal with Haig, and JR and all the guys there, just absolutley astonished with the quality of work.

so that loong list of things was completed. with a couple of things differentiating from the list. heres what got done.

- New timing belt, idler, tensioner, CAS seal, crank seal, + N1 water pump all installed.
- New rear inner outter tie rods installed
- NEw Front inner ball joints installed
- new front inner tie rod boot kit
- flushed and replaced EVERY fluid with top notch synthetic oils (Tranny, motor, rear diff, transfer case, front diff)
- New valve cover gasket set and grommets installed
- new Apexi cold air suction kit installed

- the 5Zigen exhaust i had purchased was apparently meant for a Silvia. *DAMNIIT!*.. so i went back and picked up another one. so we installed the HKS Hi-Power exhaust system instead, and im sooo glad i did, the sound tone is un-real. sooo smooth, and they installed the rest of the 3.5" exhaust system and trust downpipes.

-then they installed all the HKS intercooler piping and BOV's and re routed vacuum lines, that all looks and sounds wicked too.

- then those Tein coilovers i had purchased where a bit seized up, so the guys at autoworx completely dismantleted them and cleaned them up super nice, so they work as they should, and dont leak or squeak.

- also they installed AMS front upper tables, Cusco front tension rods, and cusco rear camber arms.

ive got all the stock parts, which are now going up for sale. (the oem shocks are already sold sorry, but check the for sale section for other stuff)

Haig was kind enough to take pictures of everything for me during the whole process so heres a whack load of pics.

i will post a video up soon so you can all hear the exhaust and BOV's...

thanks everyone for the kind words!

joshGTR001.jpg

joshGTR002.jpg

joshGTR003.jpg

joshGTR004.jpg

joshGTR005.jpg

joshGTR006.jpg

joshGTR007.jpg

joshGTR008.jpg

joshGTR009.jpg

joshGTR013.jpg

joshGTR014.jpg

joshGTR016.jpg

joshGTR018.jpg

joshGTR022.jpg

joshGTR023.jpg

Tabar****!!! :yikes:! Jtai tu deja dit que ton projet detait de la pure DOPE!!!!! Man, keep up the ****in good work!!! *tu*

you have got us all captivated...great car, great, project, and great job on a car....well built. few ppl do things right and u have a leap infront on urs keep us all posted!

i miss my honda :(

DSCF2008.jpg

DSCF2030.jpg

DSCF2032.jpg

wow thank you everyone so much for all the support and awesome words.

i changed a few more things today... i polished the front strut tower bar instead of having it black... its nismo, i think it should shine like nismo does.

also fixed a bit of the interior, and polished and waxed it,

im just heading back out now to clean the glass, and tidy up a few more things, ive been meaning to take a video for youguys so u can hear the sound of those blitz monster BOV's... i will try for tomorrow.

thanks again everyone...

also, im DEFINITLEY going to see the new fast and furious movie tomorrow, if you see me there, stop and say hi!

peace all.

so i sanded off the black paint that was covering my nismo strut tower bar. and polished by continuously wet sanding it with finer and finer grain paper.

looks really shiny now, i like it much better, also spent some time with armorall orange cleaning wipes to clean out the engine bay, and interior a little bit.

heres some pics... the last one is just some stupid thing i got carried away in photo shop.

ill get a video up asap of the BOV's sound and exhaust sound... i promise! lol

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

so finally i took a quick video of the exhaust tone,

all the revving is just below 4,500 RPM.. its not good to just rev under no load for no reason,

as soon as it stops Effing raining here ill take a video of a drive by / BOV's cause thats really what i find sounds the best.

anyways, just a quick video:

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4005272&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4005272&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/4005272">HKS hi power exhaust sound GTR</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1538012">archaeic bloke</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

If you cant get it to play here, ill post the link below:
HKS hi power exhaust sound GTR on Vimeo

nice car!, but i dont understand you sold your previous skyline because it was modded, and now you are modding this one lol wtf!!??

nice car!, but i dont understand you sold your previous skyline because it was modded, and now you are modding this one lol wtf!!??

I'd take a logical guess if I was you, and think to myself that this guy just loves to do what he does, and that he could not keep himself from doing all these very tasteful modifications.

Logic is such a lack in individuals nowadays... :(

Anyways, awesome car, awesome mods, and awesome sound. *tu**tu**tu*

thanks for the insight "fknrad" .. your right on the money..

as for you "falcon007" ive said it before in this very thread, but ok, i will post again,...

the reason i sold the first car is because i felt un-easy, not knowing what had been done to it, even my best guesses couldnt explain certain things...

so i bought a car that was 100% bone stock, so i could be sure its never been beaten or abused, and i have a REALLY solid base to start with, then i forget about all the BS mod's and only bother with legit mod's... you'll notice the FIRST things i have done were proper maintenance related right? u saw that...didnt u?

like the T-belt, water pump, flushing and replacing all fluids, replacing bushings, tie rods, FUCA's, RUCA's toe and tension rods,,, right?

the point is to have a car which i feel comfortable with, and happy with, and right now, i am very happy with it,

in fact, im really looking hard for some new slotted front rotors right now, also i ordered a new GTR key blank last night, i figure i should have a spare made incase i lose my keys one day.

i hope that explains my logic, if not, send me a pm, and we can meet in person and ill litterally SHOW you the difference between my car and a regular beaten and abused GTR....

lol, this isnt meant in a harsh way, but im being serious 100%, im down to meet and talk cars anytime, to anyone.

too bad my GF doesnt wanna hear it anymore lol...

but ya, thats whats next guys.

slotted rear rotors, slotted front rotors, Hawk HPS pads all around, and maybe stainless braided brake lines. we`ll see

Sick build man. The strut bar looks a lot better compared to the black. Sick build. I wish I had the money to do anything like that, but I'm only a student...

hey guys, so i was thinking about my buddy Ty's car, (hes on these forums as TW) and i remembered he had his apexi intake kit polished, which i really liked... so, i spent the afternoon, and did the same thing myself,

after removing the intake system, the process was as follows:

1) wire brush wheel off any dirt and as much of the surface as possible
2) use 320 grit wet dry sand paper and have it..
3) repeat using 600 grit.. then 1000, then 1500, and finally 2000 grit wet/dry
4) use polishing compound and highspeed dremel with felt wheel disc, and polish until the surface is like a mirror...

i think it turned out to what i was looking for,

there is one minor sid-effect.. i have no fingerprints left! lol! time for some crime! hah, jks.

anyways, tomorrow if i have the time id like to do the same to the "twin turbo" pipe, and the back inlet pipe.. then also a few other small parts. its a great cost effective way of adding some good looks to the old looking engine bay i feel.. lemme know what u guys think.

IMG_4337.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4340.jpg

AFTER THE FIRST SANDING WITH 600 GRIT:
IMG_4343.jpg

AFTER SANDING WITH 2000 GRIT:
IMG_4345.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg

AFTER POLISHING WITH DREMEL AND COMPOUND.. WOW LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!
IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

so today took apart the "twin turbo" pipe, cleaned it and followed the same procedure as yesterday, its now polished.. heres some pics.

also as promised ive managed to upload to short videos featuring some spirited driving, the point is to try and hear the BOV's... those blitz's are like music to my ears, lemme know what u guys think...
IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4361.jpg

Untitled on Vimeo
Untitled on Vimeo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back