Specialty tools and accessory thread

BBQMAN

Shop Representative
This thread is reserved for posting deals and finds on new and used TOOLS and ACCESSORIES directly related to lapping and track days.

Inspired by the Black Vw’s recurring CTC torque wrench deal.

Feel free to post the item, the cost and where you can find the part. Private and commercial sales can start their own thread as this one will be a reference thread. Please indicate from when to when the deal runs.

Dave - Greg - fire away!!

Voici un bon video pour faire comprendre l'importance d'un torque wrench.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMDNzhfwn0"]YouTube - rx7 wheels fall off during autocross[/ame]

Do you agree Dave!!!

Surveillez ce thread pour le prochain deal de torque wrench chez canadian tire!
Un most pour ceux qui font de la track!

lol comeone that fd guy used the wrong pitch nuts ... they torqued "fine" but ... well you see the rest

AND .. after that .. all he did .. was jack up the car .. install new nuts and CONTINUED the day with nothing more than cosmetic damage

RX7 FTMFW

CT vend les torque wrench à rabais cette semaine ! Dépêchez-vous ... 45% de rabais

Heille! Les annonces de Torque Wrench c'est mon territoire!!!:run:

Blague à part, je l'avais déjà flagué dans le thread "Heille s'tu moé..." Mais tu as raison, c'est dans cette section-ci que ça va.

Je suis content de voir qu'il n'y a pas que moi qui fait une psychose sur les Torque Wrench de CT....:D

Pour info.... torque wrench encore en vente cette semaine chez CDN Tire...

Gants mechanix en vente aussi chez CDN Tire... bons petits gants de pilotage légers et pas chers....

The Canadian Tire toy has about 82ft.lbs of torque. Not enough to remove lug nuts, yet quite practical after the nuts have been cracked with a torque wrench.

Look at Harbour Freight's site. They have impact guns for half-of-half-of Canadian Tire (that's 25% the price) with lots more torque.

Harbor Freight Tools

140ft.lbs torque - 18 volts - $39.99

94855.gif

220ft.lbs torque - 19.2 volts - $79.00

65817.gif

Last edited:
Good price. Cheaper than buying an air compressor and air gun.

Not really, I got my 15ga air compressor with a shit ton of air tools(chisel, impact, ratchet, blow gun, paint gun, etc.) for under $400 tax-in at CTire.

Not really, I got my 15ga air compressor with a shit ton of air tools(chisel, impact, ratchet, blow gun, paint gun, etc.) for under $400 tax-in at CTire.

At 15 gallons, there's not much reserve. Basically you need a 60 gallon tank with twin steel heads and strap drive. That's a minimum of $700cdn. Plus a quality zip gun that gets you 600ft.lbs torque.

The Canadian Tire toy has about 82ft.lbs of torque. Not enough to remove lug nuts, yet quite practical after the nuts have been broken with a torque wrench.

Look at Harbour Freight's site. They have impact guns for half-of-half-of Canadian Tire (that's 25% the price) with lots more torque.

Harbor Freight Tools

140ft.lbs torque - 18 volts - $39.99

94855.gif

220ft.lbs torque - 19.2 volts - $79.00

65817.gif

Woah good price! Do you know the shipping price?

Thanks for the heads up Trong and Lee.

I have agree that the Harbour freight ones look interesting, but the CTC ones actually do the job. Pascal and Vince have them and they remove torqued wheel nuts all the time.
CT products are readily available and have a nice warrantee

Either way, these are good tools to have.

This thread will be moved to the topic already started in FS.

Back