Toronto at its best again - Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeheheheheaaaah. Nice idea, but the problem with this, just like the street racing law, and just like the exhaust specification laws here, is that it's entirely up to the officer to decide if the law applies or not. If there's no clear statute that says "thou shalt not go 10km over the speed limit in snow over 5cm", then if the officer doesn't like your face he can decide that you were driving dangerously. Yeah, they're supposed to be impartial, but let's face it... not all are.

And like you say, how is the officer going to decide if you were driving dangerously or not after the fact? If you're a 16 year old kid who crashes in his first winter and doesn't "yes sir no sir" when questioned, you might be seriously screwed.

now the only problem is that despite saving money, I'm sure the insurance companies will charge you the same yearly rate... And as soon as you have some kind of accident during winter, they will fight you and try to prove you were being negligent in order for them to avoid paying the bill...

now the only problem is that despite saving money, I'm sure the insurance companies will charge you the same yearly rate... And as soon as you have some kind of accident during winter, they will fight you and try to prove you were being negligent in order for them to avoid paying the bill...

pretty much :dunno:

Not only that, they will also increase your rates because you are a higher risk driver while you pay for the damages yourself...

This is ridiculous. Fining the driver with a wreckless driving charge should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back