Car of the Month: January 2009 - 2008 Civic SiR

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickd_21

Happy to see this again. overall I like the car except for the front fogs...i find they look "canadian tire". But im so glad that we have cars that represent the community again. Good job Danny.

2008 Honda Civic SiR

Article: Vincent Aubé
Photos: Jeremy Glover

Exterior
Civic Type R front and rear bumpers, strut bar, emblems and projector headlights, Mugen front lip, Mugen air inlet, Seibon carbon fiber hood, Mugen Grill, Mugen rear wing, JDM fogs, Datum tow rear hook

Interior
Civic Type R cluster, steering wheel and shifter, Recaro DC5 seats, Broadway mirror, A big thanks to Chris from Overdosed Performance

Wheels & Tires
16-inch Honda edition white Time Attack wheels
Marshal tires 225/50/16

Suspension
Megan Racing coilovers, Megan Racing camber kit, Brembo slotted front rotors, Hawk pads

Under the Hood
4 cyl 2.4L TSX K24 motor, RSX Type R LSD and transmission,
Injen Air Intake, DC Sports Race Headers, Apexi WS2 catback exhaust
Hondata K-Pro ECU, Pro-Urethane motor mounts

It is a member's car...

I guess they're wishing harm on the guy since it's not a shop car :eek:

Wrapped in Marshal tires, we doubt that this vehicle sticks to the asphalt. We hope so for Kevin’s sake, because he takes his little beast to the track quite often for lapping and drag sessions to test the latest improvements.

The wheels are horrible and don't suit the car at all ( tire too big, color is wrong, etc )
Aside from that the car is nice but to me, it still belongs to sleepingblackSIR cause he built it to look like this and it was insane with the sportmax. Im not into showing off somebody else's built but whatever, I still show respect.

The wheels are horrible and don't suit the car at all ( tire too big, color is wrong, etc )
Aside from that the car is nice but to me, it still belongs to sleepingblackSIR cause he built it to look like this and it was insane with the sportmax. Im not into showing off somebody else's built but whatever, I still show respect.

^^^very true

How was the COTM chosen?

I believe we should nominate members' cars and then vote for the COTM out of a certain number of nominees. Who's with me?

How was the COTM chosen?

I believe we should nominate members' cars and then vote for the COTM out of a certain number of nominees. Who's with me?

That is the plan for futur COTM's but we already have few cars shot and since its winter we will use those until we can start polls and shooting others..

Last edited:
We should also have different car categories each month.

Examples: Japanese Compacts, American Muscle, European Mid-Size Sedan, etc.

We should also have different car categories each month.

Examples: Japanese Compacts, American Muscle, European Mid-Size Sedan, etc.

i think that will just complicate things lol

That is the plan for futur COTM's but we already have few cars shot and since its winter we will use those until we can start polls and shooting others..
And the thing about the tires is a typo..

good to here:bigup:

Are you the one taking the pics?

^^^ Yep :) now work for MR!
And we are taking a new approach to the COTM..Like the polls as we mentioned above we will also have wallpaper size photos of the car too available too soon..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back