Status
Not open for further replies.
bahhh gimme a rx-8 any day over a s2gay pffffffff

the plan:
1-get rx-8
2-stuff 295s in da back-
3-minor bolt ons
4-go stomp on sum s2k pansys
5-learn how to go fast trough turns and even a sc s2000 will have its hand full trying to follow u

+REP FOR PGROTH FOR THE VIDEO LINK FOR TOP GEAR GREAT VIDEO!!!!

Tu l'a dis. C'est pas une auto de tout les jours. J'ose pas imaginer le gars qui s'en sert pour faire 50 km par jour pour travailler. Personne à jamais dis que c'est un commuter car. C'est pas plus brillant que de prendre un hummer pour travailler. Même aller travailler en 350z, c'est quoi l'idée, tu brule du gaz pour rien a te faire chier dans le traffic et la z est faite pour la track, pas faire du parking sur une autoroute. Tu tire pas avantage de ton auto. Sort ton bolide la fin de semaine pour t'amuser, c'est fait pour ca.

350z comme dayli ... aucun inconveniant ... mon ami a un g35 SC qui se sert tout les jours lété sans aucun probleme pis le char reste quand meme econo pour 400 Whp

350z comme dayli ... aucun inconveniant ... mon ami a un g35 SC qui se sert tout les jours lété sans aucun probleme pis le char reste quand meme econo pour 400 Whp

J'ai pas du être clair. J'ai aussi utilisé ma rx8 pendant 6 moi comme daily driver et ca fonctionnais très bien. Ce que je dis c'est c'est pas concu pour faire du daily drive. Tu profite pas de ton auto dans le traffic a rouler à 20 km/h. Si c'est ce que tu fais principalement, achete toi une Yaris, tu va être heureux. C'est fait pour aller du point A au point B. Avec un 350Z, une RX8 ou tout autre sport car, t'aimerais passer par le point Z avant de te rendre au point B... juste parce que c'est l'fun.

jte comprend tjs pas ...

si taime vraiment ton auto tu va aimer etre dans le traffic avec ....

lamienne est stripper au metal ... half cage ...full bucket seat .... pis meme dans le traffic je laime ...

jte comprend tjs pas ...

si taime vraiment ton auto tu va aimer etre dans le traffic avec ....

lamienne est stripper au metal ... half cage ...full bucket seat .... pis meme dans le traffic je laime ...

C'est pas grave... chacun ses gouts... je dois être trop vieux pour avoir du fun jammé à 20 km/h au milieux de SUV et d'éconobox sur une route plein de nid de poule. J'aime mieux sortir mon auto quand je peux l'exploiter au maximum, when I can put an grin on my face just by pushing the pedal to the metal :D

This post is about trying to educate people about the difference between an ordinary car and a rotary one. It's amazing the amount of BS I can read in this forum when it's time to talk about or compare rotary car. People don't understand why it consume oil, as if it was something wrong, or why it consume so much fuel for a 1.3 litre engine. Give me one engine NA (less than 1.5 litre) that can produce more than 232 hp? BTW, if the engine consumes so much fuel is because Mazda had to make the AFR ratio richer so the CAT would last longer because of the EPA and because of its small format the engine tend to run hotter, the extra fuel cools down the engine. Change back the AFR ratio to something nearer to 14.7:1 and then you recover 7-9 hp (Easy to do with the AccessPort).

Since I can't reply to all of those who know shit about rotary engines and the rx8. I decided to give them a link to a recent review from a sport car bloger.

He doesn't go in details but covers a lot of ground (oil and fuel consumption, practicality and what is the purpose of buying an rx car).

One thing with the RX8 is that it's not a car for every one, if you dirve it like a grocery car, it will not last long. But anyway, why buy a sport car if you need a grocery car, there is plenty of civic and subaru that are built for that.

http://www.automobile.com/blog/2008/12/2009-mazda-rx8-r3-review/

Cheers

i agree to everything you say but

subaru that are built for that.

Cheers

excuse me wtf?

i agree to everything you say but

excuse me wtf?

Here is my explanation.

There is something common between a Porshe Cayman, a Honda S2000 or a RX8. The manufacturer built the car from the ground up to ba a track car. Something that would be dedicated to performance with great balance and performance.

On the other side, the Mitsubishi EVO and the Subaru WRX STI for example were built on top of a grocery car platform. Something that could go get the grocery, get the kids at the school and do all this while being comfortable and economical. Then they had the idea that they could enhance these platforms buy boosting the engine, putting better suspension etc... But at the base they are still grocery cars that goes very fast. You can modify them as much as you wish, they will still not be genuine track cars.

Sorry for that, I respect the Subaru very much and the STI are amazing machine. But don't expect amazing lap time on a track with those cars. they are great rally car on the other side.
A good review was done by TopGear comparing the STI and the EVO. The RX8 and 350Z were on par with the BMW M3. I'm sure there must be a way to retreave their lap time.

On the other side, the Mitsubishi EVO and the Subaru WRX STI for example were built on top of a grocery car platform. Something that could go get the grocery, get the kids at the school and do all this while being comfortable and economical. Then they had the idea that they could enhance these platforms buy boosting the engine, putting better suspension etc... But at the base they are still grocery cars that goes very fast. You can modify them as much as you wish, they will still not be genuine track cars.

Sorry for that, I respect the Subaru very much and the STI are amazing machine. But don't expect amazing lap time on a track with those cars. they are great rally car on the other side.
A good review was done by TopGear comparing the STI and the EVO. The RX8 and 350Z were on par with the BMW M3. I'm sure there must be a way to retreave their lap time.

please leave this forum because you make no sens ... .

according to your order of idea .... an m3 is a grocery getter ..

and for your time ...of the top gear track

1:28.0 - BMW M3 CSL (very wet, near-slick tyres)
1:28.9 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR
1.28.2 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1:30.1 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1:31.8 - BMW M3
1:31.8 - Nissan 350Z
1:31.8 - Mazda RX-8

Here is my explanation.

There is something common between a Porshe Cayman, a Honda S2000 or a RX8. The manufacturer built the car from the ground up to ba a track car. Something that would be dedicated to performance with great balance and performance.

1. you're on crack
2. you make no sense and actually need to chill the **** out
3. you can defend your rotary shitbox all you want, it is a matter of preference and nobody will argue with that but do not look down or disrespect other cars by calling them grocery getters by trying to prove your point
a bone stock sti will smoke the shit out of your rx in summer and in winter
*byewhore*

x2

Yes the M3 follow the same logic. This is a boosted version of the 3 series. Can you say I'm wrong ? Read my words, those car are great, no wonder they can beat a 350Z or a RX8. I was explaining the difference between genuine track car and car that were modified to fit on the track.
The point is that if I want a track car, I will buy a track car not a boosted grocery car even if the grocery car can go faster.

Here is the full link, for the lap times
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

1. you're on crack
2. you make no sense and actually need to chill the **** out
3. you can defend your rotary shitbox all you want, it is a matter of preference and nobody will argue with that but do not look down or disrespect other cars by calling them grocery getters by trying to prove your point
a bone stock sti will smoke the shit out of your rx in summer and in winter
*byewhore*

Stop the ranting, where is the disrespect in my posts ? Is the STI a track car, what is the platform used to built it ? Can you compare those car with a Elise a S2000 or a Cayman even if the STI can go faster.

Yes the M3 follow the same logic. This is a boosted version of the 3 series. Can you say I'm wrong ? Read my words, those car are great, no wonder they can beat a 350Z or a RX8. I was explaining the difference between genuine track car and car that were modified to fit on the track.
The point is that if I want a track car, I will buy a track car not a boosted grocery car even if the grocery car can go faster.

Here is the full link, for the lap times
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

I won't comment on the Z because I'm a huge Z fan boy, dream car for me. So I'm biased. Thing is, M3 vs. RX-8, the M3 excels at EVERYTHING. In addition, the 'grocery getter', unfortunately for your argument, handles track work better than the 'track car' and is easier to tune/modified to suit one's needs in terms of power. (Note 1000+hp M3s. IE, 333hp alllll the way to 1000+ is possible.)

RX8 owners are so insecure......ive had countless debates with this one dude over his rotary technology!

Wow, if I knew you at least. Never talked to you before. This is not insecurity. I don't want to convince anyone to buy a RX8. This car is not a good fit for most people.

Buy it for what is was built for, it's just too bad that Mazda marketed that car as a comon car that anyone would buy. Most of the bad publicity came from the fact that people can't understand why it burn oil, why it consume so much fuel, why you need to rev it so much.

Bha la rx8 spa un mauvais achat a 15k. Mais ceux qui ont payer 38-39k + tx pour une neuve ya quelques années comme mon beau pere.... ouch ca fais mal

Wow, if I knew you at least. Never talked to you before. This is not insecurity. I don't want to convince anyone to buy a RX8. This car is not a good fit for most people.

Buy it for what is was built for, it's just too bad that Mazda marketed that car as a comon car that anyone would buy. Most of the bad publicity came from the fact that people can't understand why it burn oil, why it consume so much fuel, why you need to rev it so much.

1) We don't care that it burns oil. We understand a rotary and understand why it works the way it does.

2) We hate that it consumes a ton of fuel. We understand why, it's just insanity for a 232hp car, if DD. (03 Cobra will get better MPG o_O)

3) 9000rpm is awesome, a lot of fun to play with, no quarrels.

To stay on the TG trend "Sports car for the family man with room in the back for your 2.2 kids." That's what it is, I don't think Mazda wanted anything else. They didn't set out for it to be a track hardcore racer. But it's a daily driver that drinks premium at 15mpg. That's where the water gets muddy. That's where it's a contradiction. Not hard enough to be pure, not practical enough to be usable.

I won't comment on the Z because I'm a huge Z fan boy, dream car for me. So I'm biased. Thing is, M3 vs. RX-8, the M3 excels at EVERYTHING. In addition, the 'grocery getter', unfortunately for your argument, handles track work better than the 'track car' and is easier to tune/modified to suit one's needs in terms of power. (Note 1000+hp M3s. IE, 333hp alllll the way to 1000+ is possible.)

I follow you there and I agree with you... M3 is a great car and even one of my dream car. I would not buy it many reasons, but that's another story. I tried the Z and was not impressed, I did my tracking course with a rx8 and one of my friend had a G35... not difference on the lap time except that he had to fight with the car in the curves to keep up with me, but I had hard time in the straigh were he was eating me alive.

I know that the RX8 would require tons of money to get over 500hp and would most probably never see the 1000hp. What's the point of having that much power, a M3 with 1000hp would not be able to stay on the track very long.

Stop saying that this car is better than this one or crappy things about about something you know nothing (I'm not talking directly to you Epic_Velocity). Each car have his purpose and buy the car that you like the most.

I just strated this thread to explain to people that the rotary engine is a good engine and his not as bad as people seems to think. I'm the one speaking with experience of the engine, the one who drives it for a couple of year, the one who take it appart each year to inspect every part. I should know.

I dont mean you being insecure as a person......it seems most rotary owners have to justify their purchase by enlighting the world how the technology is so good that it never had the time or development to really take off.....

Good car overall, unique in most aspects, but id rather have a darn good 6cyl!

I follow you there and I agree with you... M3 is a great car and even one of my dream car. I would not buy it many reasons, but that's another story. I tried the Z and was not impressed, I did my tracking course with a rx8 and one of my friend had a G35... not difference on the lap time except that he had to fight with the car in the curves to keep up with me, but I had hard time in the straigh were he was eating me alive.

I know that the RX8 would require tons of money to get over 500hp and would most probably never see the 1000hp. What's the point of having that much power, a M3 with 1000hp would not be able to stay on the track very long.

Stop saying that this car is better than this one or crappy things about about something you know nothing (I'm not talking directly to you Epic_Velocity). Each car have his purpose and buy the car that you like the most.

I just strated this thread to explain to people that the rotary engine is a good engine and his not as bad as people seems to think. I'm the one speaking with experience of the engine, the one who drives it for a couple of year, the one who take it appart each year to inspect every part. I should know.

I don't think it's fair to throw an M3 in with the RX-8 anyway. Definitely not an E46 anyway. Like someone said above me, still a nice car for $13k, don't get me wrong. I HAVE considered them as a future car. Just certain things about them that scare me and would keep me away, as everyone had pointed out.

"If I were given one, I'd defend it to the hills, I would love it. But would I buy one, with money? No...." That's how I feel :D (From JC)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back