Mazda RX8 review

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever stupid thing or weird comparisons you make all I have to say is: Enjoy your freaking car! If you like it, its all that counts!

I'm with you. I started this thread with a review of the RX8 in response to all the posts that I have seen in this forums saying BS about this car. I love the RX8 but many other cars too and I'm not trying to convince anyone in buying the rx8 either.

Less than a Ferr 612 Scag which did it before either the Maser or the RX8 hehehe

I guess that you see where I'm going. I'd love to own that Maserati, but I doubt I will ever have the cash to afford one.

In fact many cars follows the same concept, it's the same with the Cayman or the Elise and many more. I'm a big fan of those two cars.

About Redline Tiem Attack:

Here is the results for the october 2008 event for the Street RWD class at Virginia International Raceway. I don't know were you were looking.

Street RWD:
1 Thomas Hiromoto - Fuji Racing Mazda Miata - 52.957
2 Eric Wei - Revision Honda S2000 - 55.136
3 Mark - Revision Mazda RX-8 - 55.738
4 John Marsh - Allstars Mazda Miata - 1:03.492

This is not first but it's not last either and it prove that the RX8 was there.

In that competition, the EVO shined in one competition, and it's the street AWD. The EVO is probably the fastest AWD that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
The EVO can participate in 6 events, so your claim was that the EVO won every single events that they were allowed ? Impressive ;-)

So I'm the one making wack claims ?

yep i missed that one, i was only looking at the overall winners, i didnt have all day to sort through the poorly arranged results i found.

but just for the sake of this argument, that rx-8 got beat by a miata...

and an s2000

yep i missed that one, i was only looking at the overall winners, i didnt have all day to sort through the poorly arranged results i found.

but just for the sake of this argument, that rx-8 got beat by a miata...

and an s2000

Well I don't want to piss you out , but that Miata also owns the EVO by 0,18 seconds :bigup:

You represent very well those that I am pointing out that say BS without even knowing what they are talking about. At first the RX8 wasn't even there, now that I put that in your face, you brag that the rx8 got beaten by I miata. Now that I show you that even the EVO got beaten by the Miata, what interesting story will you find ?

I don't care who beats what, just stop saying BS. And lets have fun with our cars.

you have 35 posts. do not accuse me of posting BS without knowing what im talking about.

i never said there wasnt an rx8, i said
and i couldnt even find anyone competing with an rx-8.

i let YOU waste time finding it, to support MY arguments. thank you. I appreciate your help.

of course the miata beat the evo at VIR, have you seen VIR? different cars have different advantages under different conditions. A fast car at one track doesnt mean fast at every track. and Miatas are awesome cars, better than the rx-8 imo

and now that ive wasted my time going to redline's website here
http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-results.htm

October 6th and 7th 2008
Street Class RWD
1st Place: 55.357 Kevin Glaus - Function Tuned/RRT BMW M3
2nd Place: 56.195 Eric Wei - Honda S2000
3rd Place: 57.020 Dave Shiroma - Function Tuned/RRT BMW M3

are you sure you looked up 2008?

i found what you posted here
http://www.timeattackforums.com/forums/news/992-redline-time-attack-finals-results.html

but it is not consistent with redline's site, i dont care, figure it out if you really have the time. point is, rx-8 IS a great car, but there are VERY stiff competitors

you have 35 posts. do not accuse me of posting BS without knowing what im talking about.

i never said there wasnt an rx8, i said

i let YOU waste time finding it, to support MY arguments. thank you. I appreciate your help.

of course the miata beat the evo at VIR, have you seen VIR? different cars have different advantages under different conditions. A fast car at one track doesnt mean fast at every track. and Miatas are awesome cars, better than the rx-8 imo

and now that ive wasted my time going to redline's website here
http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-results.htm

October 6th and 7th 2008
Street Class RWD
1st Place: 55.357 Kevin Glaus - Function Tuned/RRT BMW M3
2nd Place: 56.195 Eric Wei - Honda S2000
3rd Place: 57.020 Dave Shiroma - Function Tuned/RRT BMW M3

are you sure you looked up 2008?

i found what you posted here
http://www.timeattackforums.com/forums/news/992-redline-time-attack-finals-results.html

but it is not consistent with redline's site, i dont care, figure it out if you really have the time. point is, rx-8 IS a great car, but there are VERY stiff competitors

I don't understand where that guy took his result. I just googled for rx8 result and that's what came up from that forum.
http://www.timeattackforums.com/forums/news/995-redline-time-attack-season-champions-announced.html

Sorry about that, I though I might have inverted the month with the day but it not consistent either. Weird...

Cheers

J'avais pas envie de debattre. J essayais simplement de dire que pour 12-13k tu as une rx8. Je trouve que c'est peu chere paye pour la quantite de plaisir qui vient avec. Voila.

Je suis d'accord que dans le marche usage c'est une aubaine, surtout que c'est une auto recente.

Avant que j'achete ma s2000 jai essayer:

97 porsche Boxster - J'ai detester
RX8 04 - ordinaire, jme sentais comme dans un sedan

pour avoir eu une miata pendant 4ans je me suis arreter sur la S
tout comme la miata, la S te donne l'impression d'un char de track

Dans mon choix je nai pas regarder la consomation d'essence, le prix des pieces etc.
Juste le plaisir de conduire, un sourire sur mes levres et la rx8 ne me la pas donne.

Avant que j'achete ma s2000 jai essayer:

97 porsche Boxster - J'ai detester
RX8 04 - ordinaire, jme sentais comme dans un sedan

pour avoir eu une miata pendant 4ans je me suis arreter sur la S
tout comme la miata, la S te donne l'impression d'un char de track

Dans mon choix je nai pas regarder la consomation d'essence, le prix des pieces etc.
Juste le plaisir de conduire, un sourire sur mes levres et la rx8 ne me la pas donne.

Tout est une question de gout, j'ai aimé le sons et le feeling de la Boxter S, j'ai pas essayé la Boxter. La RX8, j'ai trouvé la suspension molle un peu mais le feeling de la route était écoeurant. La S2000, j'ai adoré
mais pas assé pratique pour mes besoins à l'époque.

Pour ton commentaire sur le feeling de la RX8 je comprend pas trop, des sièges backet et très bas, suspension stiff... je connais pas vraiment de sedan avec ce genre d'équipements.

J'ai finalement acheté la RX8 en sachant que j'allait améliorer la suspension (S-tech coilovers w/EDFC) et améliorer la performance (ligne d'Exhaust complete, Intake, RAM air, COBB AccessPort, Poulies, etc) J'ai encore pas mal de travail a faire dessus, mais c'est mon hobby. Je voulais aussi avoir quelque chose qui se démarquait des autres. Je suis très content de mon choix et je n'ai aucun regrets. J'airais probablement autant apprécié la S2000 ou une 350Z.

Pour ton commentaire sur le feeling de la RX8 je comprend pas trop, des sièges backet et très bas, suspension stiff... je connais pas vraiment de sedan avec ce genre d'équipements.

J'ai surtout compare a l'auto de mon pere,
Accord05 6speed, 240hp suspension stiff etc. mais ca reste un sedan

un rx8 cest mou pour un char sport .....

J'ai trouvé le mien mou un peu au début. Avec mes coil-overs c'est une chose du passé.

Le R3 est pas loin de la perfection, suspension plus basse et beaucoup plus stiff. Ils ont légèrement amélioré l'accélération en changant le final drive ratio et amélioré la lubrification des apex seal en ajoutant deux nozzle de plus. Avec le R3 y'a plus grand chose à chialer, sauf que j'aime pas vraiment le front bumper.

ben oui mais cest normal tu trouve ca stiff si ta des coilover ......

Je parlais surtout de la R3 qui a une suspension beaucoup plus stiff. Si j'avais eu l'occasion à l'époque je serais passé par dessus la GT et j'aurais pris la R3. En plus la R3 a pas de toi ouvrant pour plus de rigidité.

exactement le modele que jai esseyer ..... stable mais vraiment mou

Je partage pas ton avis la dessus. A mon avis pour une voiture stock c'est en masse stiff. C'est sur que si je la compare avec la mienne elle est molle mais ca conviens à la majorité des gens qui font juste se promener pour le fun sans nécéssairement faire de la track.

ben la cest toi qui dit tjs est un char de track va falloir tu te branche tes bcp trop paradoxale !!!

mon accent 07 etait plus stiff que ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back