stock GT-R with new software = faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
Nissan updated the launch control through new software, that is supposed to eliminate the wheel hop which was abusing the tranny.

here is a quote from an owner with the new software

Well, the track conditions were horrible, so never got a chance to get an accurate run in RRR. Track surface was bitter cold tonight, so VDC would come on every time, even without launching. I ended up making a run in R R off and hit 11.347 @ 120.85 mph! This is in a bone stock GTR after the ecu update on stock dunlops, with pump gas and absolutely no weight reduction! With the new ECU update, launch revs to 3000 rpms instead of 4500, which did not seem at all harsh on the car. Take off was silky smooth with absolutely no wheel hop. I recommend all 09 GTR owners get the ECU update!

This was today at No Problem Raceway in Belle Rose, Louisiana, complete time slip below. Good job to Nissan for the update and very special thanks to Gary, GTR Master Tech at Price Leblanc Nissan, for the reflash this morning and coming to the track with me.

R/T .082
60' 1.690
330 4.742
1/8 7.282
mph 95.43
1000 9.479
1/4 11.347
MPH 120.85

I absolutely love this car! All you locals, see you at the next event! www.IMPORTFACEOFF.net

To any magazines who read this thread, feel free to call the track owner to verify my time. It was done at No Problem Raceway in Belle Rose, Louisiana on 2/4/09 @ 6:09 pm.

Pat Joffrion, No Problem Raceway owner
Ph: 985-369-3692
www.NoProblemRaceway.com

Also, Gary, the GTR Master Tech at Price Leblanc Nissan in Gonzales, Louisiana (ph: 225-743-8100) was also there and can verify I had the update that morning and was running on the stock dunlops.

I have time slip in hand and will get it scanned as soon as possible. This time can be duplicated by any GTR under the same conditions.

This post has been edited by HybridMT: Today, 11:31 AM

300 Anti-GTR posts coming up... wait for it... wait for it...

I'm happy they fixed the problem, but I still question why Nissan refuses to offer a 6MT. I just don't get it :dunno: A large percentage of GT-Rs will never see the track, so shouldn't it be about driving pleasure: 6MT? Having a dual clutch gearbox is great for trackdays, but beyond that, I L M N. (Love Manual Nissans)

I agree, a manual would make this the best. The paddles kind of ruin it, I mean they should have the paddles as an option, but not the only option.

... but I still question why Nissan refuses to offer a 6MT. I just don't get it :dunno: A large percentage of GT-Rs will never see the track, so shouldn't it be about driving pleasure: 6MT? Having a dual clutch gearbox is great for trackdays, but beyond that, I L M N. (Love Manual Nissans)

Simple... Manual gearbox is the past, dual clutch is the future. If you're gonna sell a car by saying its incredibly fast due to its advanced technology and new electronic guizmos, you can't really go out and offer a prehistoric manual transmission. They are doing exactly the right thing by fixing the bugs and next time, they wont have this sort of problems. From a driver standpoint you can complain about it all you want, but from a company standpoint, it's the right thing to do.

If you look at new high performance cars, pretty much everyone is going for this kind of transmission. Sure some of us still prefer a good old manual tranny, but you can't ignore the fact that this kind of transmission is the future for the high performance automotive industry.

Simple... Manual gearbox is the past, dual clutch is the future. If you're gonna sell a car by saying its incredibly fast due to its advanced technology and new electronic guizmos, you can't really go out and offer a prehistoric manual transmission. They are doing exactly the right thing by fixing the bugs and next time, they wont have this sort of problems. From a driver standpoint you can complain about it all you want, but from a company standpoint, it's the right thing to do.

If you look at new high performance cars, pretty much everyone is going for this kind of transmission. Sure some of us still prefer a good old manual tranny, but you can't ignore the fact that this kind of transmission is the future for the high performance automotive industry.

Cars aren't about showcasing company technology (save the Veyron), they're about providing what the consumer wants: lots of people and companies seem to be forgetting this at times. It seems increasingly obvious in the the gearbox selection. (IE Porsche wants to be purely PDK, as does Lambo I think, which is insanity)

GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i LOVE THE NISSAN GTR !

OHH LORD GIVE ME ONE PLEASE

11.XX SEC

A shit load of fast cars have manuals available, like I said before, they should offer paddles, but also offer a manual.

GT2 = manual
911 Turbo = manual
M5 = manual
M6 = manual
Gallardo = manual
Murcielago = manual
F430 = manual
ZR-1 = manual
Z06 = manual
Viper = manual
CTS-V = manual

oui..mais avant de parler de technologie, on devrait pouvoir au moins parler d'une piece capable supporter le power que l'auto fait de compagnie.. c'est ben beau voulloir etre a la fine pointe de la technologie, mais Nissan aurait du savoir que ces autos la auraient fini par etre abusées éventuellement dans le futur. donc construite une piece qui aurait été capable de supporter meme PLUS que ce que l'auto sort de compagnie. C'est comme les générations précédentes de skyline.. ou la supra TT..on parle ici de "overengineering" ..résultat, on voit des supras et des skylines qui sortent 200 et meme 300% plus que d'origine et ca tough la run.. (ben oui.. ca prend une clutch aftermarket et +..mais cest normal ca!)

A quoi bon mettre de la "technologie" si elle n,est pas encore au point. Je dis pas si c'était un probleme mineur,facilement corigeable, mais la on parle d'une transmission de 20000$

a peu près toute les super car 4 pattes avec une transmission semblable ont le même problème
que ce soit une GTR ou R8 d'audi c pas nouveau

et pour ce qui est de ce problème de transmission très répandu sur la GTR . . . , C'est au states qu'on retrouve le plus de transmission cassé, qui équivaux a moins de 1 % des ventes de GTR donc pas si répandu que ça

oui..mais avant de parler de technologie, on devrait pouvoir au moins parler d'une piece capable supporter le power que l'auto fait de compagnie.. c'est ben beau voulloir etre a la fine pointe de la technologie, mais Nissan aurait du savoir que ces autos la auraient fini par etre abusées éventuellement dans le futur. donc construite une piece qui aurait été capable de supporter meme PLUS que ce que l'auto sort de compagnie. C'est comme les générations précédentes de skyline.. ou la supra TT..on parle ici de "overengineering" ..résultat, on voit des supras et des skylines qui sortent 200 et meme 300% plus que d'origine et ca tough la run.. (ben oui.. ca prend une clutch aftermarket et +..mais cest normal ca!)

A quoi bon mettre de la "technologie" si elle n,est pas encore au point. Je dis pas si c'était un probleme mineur,facilement corigeable, mais la on parle d'une transmission de 20000$

100% d'accord! Mais je ne pense pas non plus qu'ils avaient en tête qu'ils auraient tant de problèmes en lancant l'auto, mais bon, au moins ils assument leurs erreurs et arrangent le problème!

Si on regarde les premières générations de ces transmissions mise en marché par les différents constructeurs, même quand elles étaient flambant neuves, certaines avaient des changements de vitesses trop brusques, sur d'autres les changements prenaient du temps. Certaines tranny ne mordaient juste pas lors d'un départ à WOT. On fais juste commencer à avoir des voitures qui utilisent réellement efficasement cette technologie, et tant qu'a moi ca ne va aller qu'en s'améliorant.

Cars aren't about showcasing company technology (save the Veyron), they're about providing what the consumer wants: lots of people and companies seem to be forgetting this at times. It seems increasingly obvious in the the gearbox selection. (IE Porsche wants to be purely PDK, as does Lambo I think, which is insanity)

I dont really think the GTR was all about showcasing but the technology certainly was it's main sales speach. To me if they had kept it simpler with less electronic stuff, it would have been slower, less expensive and a lot less special. There probably would have a lot less problems with it, but all the hype surrounding the GTR wouldn't have happened. The tranny isn't everything, but it's part of what this car is all about.

All these dual clutch systems can't hold any decent power why would you want one if you're going to mod the car? I'd rather replace clutch disk on a triple plate clutch then blowup trannys left and right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back