Possibly my new love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 6 speed, one is a regular automatic and the other is a DSG, as well as my mk4 was a manual, the DSG is by far superior to both. now yes you might like the feel of a manual but that's it, the functionality of a dsg is the new way to go.

I have 2 6 speed, one is a regular automatic and the other is a DSG, as well as my mk4 was a manual, the DSG is by far superior to both. now yes you might like the feel of a manual but that's it, the functionality of a dsg is the new way to go.

DSG might be hot for the regular driver, but it can't in anyway fullfill the taks of a sporting caracter car. I spent numerous times in DSG car and it just plains suck in agressive driving.

DSG might be hot for the regular driver, but it can't in anyway fullfill the taks of a sporting caracter car. I spent numerous times in DSG car and it just plains suck in agressive driving.

practice makes perfect

practice makes perfect

Thats the trouble as much of a good driver as you can be dsg wont improve. Manual cars get better as you become better and no illusion of control is going to match that. DSG is fine on des laurentides racing against a hamfisted driver but it is of no use on the racetrack or the 329.

you guys add so much pollution to every thread.

DSG = superior... its proven....
Manual= more fun

saying that DSG is for pussies or people with no skill is pretty ignorant....

Its no big deal, people are allowed to give their opinion and I do listen to them.

However I have to ask myself what I want and I have based myself on the following:
- I have to respect a budget
- I don't wanna own a audi, BMW or merc.
- I want something rare.
- I want something that isn't too old (2007+).
- I love VW and 4-motion.
- I'm a poser.

you guys add so much pollution to every thread.

DSG = superior... its proven....
Manual= more fun

saying that DSG is for pussies or people with no skill is pretty ignorant....

This is why we keep coming back IT ISNT SUPERIOR and it hasn't been proven. Stop quoting wanabe racer journalist and live with it for a month or so and try to drive fast (the good way).

Its no big deal, people are allowed to give their opinion and I do listen to them.

However I have to ask myself what I want and I have based myself on the following:
- I want something rare.
- I'm a poser.

Hyundai Genesis!

- I want something rare.
- I'm a poser.

Pri call your insurance they will tell you if your dream can come true lol

check the 0-60 times and see if its not proven, you cant shift as fast as the DSG can...

And that gives? Nothing when you go round a racetrack, the system easily gets messed up in tight twistys and not being able to clutch in is a major MAJOR drawback if a spins happen.

DSG is superior for racing you buddy at the redlight when you come out of the club drunk, for the rest it's lacking. And if drag racing is your forte, then automatic still beats dsg...

- I want something rare.
- I'm a poser.

I have quite a few serious question for you Pri.

Wat is your budget if your considering under 07 as "old".

You want something rare ? What do you consider "rare".

Not wanting a BMW or audi is fine.Not wanting a MERC ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back