Koenigsegg= fastest car in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmo

Legacy Member
Top speed= 245 mph (392km/h)... 0-100 en 3 sec flat et le quart en 8.9 sec...need something faster? http://www.mtlmaniacs.com
allez dans la section vidéo en bas.... cest gars la cest des malades (mtl maniacs) il y a une run sur un gsx-r 1000 qui pogne 284 kmh...et une buick grand national de 1074 hp aux roues sur dyno :bigup:

Originally posted by Desmo
Top speed= 245 mph (392km/h)... 0-100 en 3 sec flat et le quart en 8.9 sec...need something faster?

Bugatti Veyron

16 cylinders, 4 turbos, 9.0 Liters, 1001 HP, 950 lbs of torque, top speed 406 km/hr (252 mph) with a 7 speed gearbox
0-300km/h in less than 14 seconds and is in production.

http://www.exoticcarworld.com/images/sale/Bugati/bugatti.htm

the koenigsegg 0-100 is 3.5, from official website.
http://www.koenigsegg.se/index.asp
1/4m is in the low 11s i think.

The top speed for these cars are projected figures, never have been achieved in real life. Koenigsegg max attained speed is 365km/h I think at nardo giant round track, under uber monitored conditions and special tires...

Last edited:
Re: Re: Koenigsegg= fastest car in the world

Originally posted by Qubism
Bugatti Veyron

16 cylinders, 4 turbos, 9.0 Liters, 1001 HP, 950 lbs of torque, top speed 406 km/hr (252 mph) with a 7 speed gearbox
0-300km/h in less than 14 seconds and is in production.

http://www.exoticcarworld.com/images/sale/Bugati/bugatti.htm

the koenigsegg 0-100 is 3.5, from official website.
http://www.koenigsegg.se/index.asp
1/4m is in the low 11s i think.

The top speed for these cars are projected figures, never have been achieved in real life. Koenigsegg max attained speed is 365km/h I think at nardo race track, under uber monitored conditions and special tires.

:eek1: 7speed!!! crazy!
what's quicker, bugatti veyron or mclaren f1???

Re: Re: Re: Koenigsegg= fastest car in the world

Originally posted by infinite
:eek1: 7speed!!! crazy!
what's quicker, bugatti veyron or mclaren f1???

in straight line the bugatti.... on a track who knows, proly never know with a value of 1.5mil US$.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Koenigsegg= fastest car in the world

Originally posted by Qubism
in straight line the bugatti.... on a track who knows, proly never know with a value of 1.5mil US$.

Oh, I forgot to mention, it's not a v16 engine, it's a W8.

8 cylinder at 90 on three rows... (bugatti is owned by VW)
.... its a W16....and its actually 4 rows, its based on two v8 made together to make a W16....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Koenigsegg= fastest car in the world

Originally posted by AWDsebTT
.... its a W16....and its actually 4 rows, its based on two v8 made together to make a W16....

yeah, don't know how I ended up writing that... 3 rows of 8 doesn't make much sense if you have 16 cylinders, hehehe... it's 2v8 at 90.

Last edited:
im not shocked wit that time on a 1/4 i saw a video on tv about it and they actually ran it on a 1/4 mile it didnt run in the 8s but it ran in the 9s

Fastest??? top speed or acceleration, because if you are talking in term of acceleration, the Ford RS200 Evo take the cake clocking 0-100 in about 2.5-2.9 depending on driver, it suck at top speed because of its gearing, it was a late 80's Group B rally homolgation.

Fastest car is the Ford RS200 as said above. 0-60 has been reported as low as 2.1 seconds, quarter mile 10 flat. This is my dream car and there is one for sale in Connecticut, over $200,000CAD!

"Two point one seconds, that's 2.1 seconds, a little over two seconds. Less than three seconds. In the time it's taken you to read this, a Ford RS200 Evo can reach 60mph! Four wheel drive and 650bhp from a mere 2.1 litre engine made Ford's rally car an instant legend which few cars have come close to catching."

17car0.jpg

Originally posted by IS300Turbo
Fastest car is the Ford RS200 as said above. 0-60 has been reported as low as 2.1 seconds, quarter mile 10 flat. This is my dream car and there is one for sale in Connecticut, over $200,000CAD!

"Two point one seconds, that's 2.1 seconds, a little over two seconds. Less than three seconds. In the time it's taken you to read this, a Ford RS200 Evo can reach 60mph! Four wheel drive and 650bhp from a mere 2.1 litre engine made Ford's rally car an instant legend which few cars have come close to catching."

17car0.jpg

Renault 205 Ti16 , Lancia Delta S4 , Audi Sport Quattro S1 all rally group B (killer B's) race car . when they were banned in 1986 audi was about to exit the new evolution of the Sport quattro 5 cyl , 2,1 liter 1000 hp :bigup:

here is a short take of the group B :
But there was a time when rallying was very different. The early 1980s saw a category created specifically for manufacturers who wanted to show off their engineering capabilities; Group B was born. The Group B rally supercars quickly evolved into 500+ horsepower, four-wheel-drive chest-thumping beasts with space frames, kevlar bodywork, and many other high-tech pieces. The cars reached a point where many wondered if the cars had reached a point where the drivers could not fully control them. For instance, the Lancia Delta S4 could accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.3 seconds on a gravel road. Henri Toivonen drove an S4 around Estoril, the Portuguese Grand Prix circuit, so quickly that he would have qualified sixth for the 1986 Portuguese Grand Prix. Nigel Mansell sampled a Peugeot 205 T16 and said it could out-accelerate his F1 car. And, perhaps most impressive (frightening?), the driver's reaction times were cut in half compared with previous rally cars. The Group B rally cars and their pilots were the stuff of which legends are made.

it is from this site : rally killer b's

And btw the W16 is like 2 VR8 attach together in a 90 degree Vee

Rally group B car those are the fastest car , any kind of pavement !!! and when i say fastest maybe its not top speed . but for point A to point B they are unbeatable

Go to the video section. There's a really cool video showing the Koenigsegg in action. To quote the video: BRUTAL !!!

Henri Toivonen drove an S4 around Estoril, the Portuguese Grand Prix circuit, so quickly that he would have qualified sixth for the 1986 Portuguese Grand Prix

Jesus...and that was during the turbo + slicks F1 era! :eek1:

They called it "Killer B's" because supposedly a lot of spectators got killed when these cars lost control, that is why this group of cars were banned. The RS200 was the fastest of the Group B cars and of course the fastest accelerating car ever made.

Originally posted by IS300Turbo
They called it "Killer B's" because supposedly a lot of spectators got killed when these cars lost control, that is why this group of cars were banned. The RS200 was the fastest of the Group B cars and of course the fastest accelerating car ever made.

I tought the Lancia Delta S4 was the fastest rally car ever made, the only car ever made to be both turbocharged and supercharged. placed 1st and 2nd at it's debut in 1985 RAC rally.. than the pilot(Tonvonen or soething) died I think and it started to be a mess for everybody.

The RS200 kind of sucked in rallying.... (compared with peugeot, renault, lancia, audi, etc...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back