**96 Passat Wagon VR6 - 2500$** (cracked shock tower)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubguyvr6

After spending every waking moment of my life, neglecting my gf for months and spending a part of my pay cheque each and every week, the driver's side shock tower on my beloved daily split(and it's not even rusted for fuuck sakes). Still driveable, but needs to be welded. I've litterally have had it.

The heater core blew up mid Feburary, so I changed it. While I was there, I dryed up and shampooed all the carpeting. I changed the carpet insulators and while I was there, the drain plugs on the floor had taken a shiit a few months prior I guess and there were now, large, gaping, holes. So, I re-did the floor too (loved it, so much fun) using GM assembly line insulting products and is now sealed better then a frog's ass.

So, let's recap. In the months I've owned I've replaced:

Rad
Condenser (a/c is ice cold)
Heater core
BRAND NEW Coilpack
Plugs
Wires
Battery (might keep it, it's an optima)
All ball joints
All bearings
New brakes everywhere
Both handbrake cables
Gas tank straps (expensive and took forever to get)
Gas tank adapter (went all the way to Montpelier VT for this one, got home: wrong part)
Magnaflow exhaust and stainless piping
Window regulator
Jesus h-christ the list goes on...

There's no check engine, car runs like a champ. No chain noise, clutch is solid.
It breaks my fuking heart to do this, but fuuck it. I'm done. The car will NOT come with the wheels in the pictures, it comes on studded Hakkapelitas on Parifinahs.

I really wanted to part it all out, but I can't bring myself to do it to such a rare (ish) car. It's originally from VT (if that means anything at this point). The only things it needs (besides the obvious shock tower fiasco) is an outer CV boot and the oil pan is sweaty. Don't bother trying to bargain with me, I'll chew your head off.

thanks

Pics:

front-1.jpg

rearpassside.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Must resist buying and parting :p, let me know if motor/trans/obd2 wiring go up for sale :thefinger

GL w/ the sale eric

It is slammed to begin with. Keep in mind this is a vr6 wagon and not exactly the lightest car around. Looks amazing and sounds great as well. It needs soemone to take their time and finish the work Eric started....

btw Eric call me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back