Importation mandatory inspection, an anti-ticket tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero

I'm passing the federal and provincial inspection in a few days for a car I imported from the states. The car is fairly modified so I was wondering if my inspection papers were a valid argument against a cop pulling me over for my exhaust for example? If the inspection is fully documented with pictures, could he still send me to inspection or ticket me?

Thanks for the help.

the simple answer is ...no, its a SAFETY inspection, so as safe as a race exhaust or a roll cage can be , its does'nt mean its legal ...

you can pass the inspection and get a ticket the very same day ...

and also, the police officer could say that you modified your car after you passed the inspection

Last edited:
yes .. inspections stickers/papers have 0 actual value they are worthless .. their only use is transferring $ from you the qc gvt .

En fait non, ma question n'était pas si l'inspection était pointilleuse, mais plutôt si elle est utilisable comme argument.

It's the same thing as when a cop pulls u over for ur exhaust and sends u to inspection, u'll most likely pass the inspection but u'll still get a ticket next time a cop pulls u over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back