Mega $$$ ticket question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocobo2

So, i came back from my hibernation in mexico last friday. The day after, the guy who's storing my car calls me up screaming "the basement is being flooded, come get your car NOW". I love my car, so i jump in a taxi and get the ride out to safety.
I'm driving home, make a left turn behind 4 other cars but this cop is standing in the middle of the street telling us to pull over. At this point it hits me: i didn't pay my plates and had no insurance on the car (was going to do it before i took it out of storage). So, the cop asks me for my papers, and i'm extra honest with him and explain my situation. He doesn't really sympathize with me, and smiling, he gives 3 tickets worth a little more than $1000. And had my car towed. The next day i went to the police station and showed them i had my insurance paid, plates too, so they could fax the place that holds the cars. The officer there asks me how many tickets his colleague had given me, and i explain he gave me all three. Even him, in the police station, was like "wtf, really? it's like $1000!! " i replied: "I KNOW".

Anyway... is there any way to pay less?

Then they wonder why people hate cops.

cheers and TIA

explain your story with the judge and have proofs on the story you just wrote. You were still in the wrong, as sucky as it is...

Good luck

i know it was an emergency but you did drive
with no licence, no insurance
those are costly,
and with the sun these days, cops are out the get summer car's

i would say your only chance i to cry it front of the judge and pray that he is on a good day

by the way when you store your car keep it fully insure but say it stored it cut the cost. if somebody hit your car when in storage the insurance will say it's an accident sorry we don't pay

or like my friend he store is mustang in a "abris tempo" and a lady ran into it during the winter...

I know i was in the wrong, but i've been here for 8 years now, and not a single ticket (except for parking and shyt)

Anyway, i'm going to contest them, and hopefully get a judge with a brain.

My car is a 1983 jetta man... even though it's nice, it doesn't scream i'm rich, you know?

$1000 dollars... it's shytload of money.

thanks for the insurance tip! good to know.

in court the judge will ask you that simple question... if the basement where you had the car in storage was getting flooded , why didnt you just park the car in a driveway nearby ,until you get the car tagged and insured?

Why did you drive it all the way to your home without insurange and plates ?...putting people's life at risk since you had no insurance?

Its sad to hear but thats what the judge is going to ask you, did you drive or not without plates and insurance...

But I recon its shitty that you have to pay 1000 to learn that.

if the basement is flooding you move your car into the driveway, you dont drive it home. Pay the ticket and get on with your life.

unfortunatlly for you someone gave you the good answer, even if it was an emergency, the thing to do, was to take the car out of basement, and park it safelly in a private driveway.

the only option for you is to, call municipal court, and try to negociate with the athorney in charge of pursuit. that's the only chance you have...

the fact are their against you, so it's hard to try to fight it in court .

maybe you chould try call a lawyer, maybe they can have a solution for you.

Why did you drive it all the way to your home without insurange and plates ?...putting people's life at risk since you had no insurance?

I think it's a little extreme. There are cars out there that shouldn't be on the road that are a REAL hazard to people's safety. My record is so good that i even told my insurance company my car had being towed and they had absolutely no problem renewing my "insurange".

Anyway, thanks for the answers, i'll just try and strike a deal with the court.

cheers-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back