One problem is solved and another begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamr0ck

I am now having a very rough idle. the RPMs fluctuate alot. I am hearing a clicking sound sometimes from the engine that comes from the spark plug and i am also getting backfires. help?! im tired of these problems just want to ride my bike*blah*

well i knocked around on the float bowls, and the bike runs alot better so im assuming i need a carb clean but i really dont want to trailer it to the shop. any of u guys mechanics that know how to do this on a 97 gsxr?

how does one clean a carb? .. and how much time would a shop normally charge to clean a carb? I called lasalle moto and the dude was confused about what I was asking and just said "3 hours" .. anybody know if this is the actual time it takes them?

I have an idle problem.. and on some morning it takes a while for it to start and when it does there is quite a bit of dirty smoke that comes out the exhaust (sorry for thread hijack :p)

my buddies 97 gsx-r wouldnt start we just sprayed carb cleaner into the carbs it was easy as pie and it ran great all last season

My friend has a 99 Gsx-r 600 and he pretty much has the same prob , when it's cold it runs like shiiiit ,backfire's but once hot runs alright . it go's to stall for the first 5 min . then its fine after , it took almost 2 weeks to try to get it started for the 1st time this season ! not sure what the problem is

okay well update here. So i decided to trailer the bike to a shop, when i got to the shop i fired her up and she ran great, which left me very confused and figured that it might have knocked loose a float valve that was stuck so i trailered it back home. When i got home the whole bike was flooded like crazy. I cleaned all out and let it air out and then fired it up again, and low and behold my problem was back. So i decided to tap around on the float bowls on the carbs to see what happens. Fired the bike up again and she ran great was able to ride her around the block a couple times then park her in the garage and went to work. So right now i get home from work and the bike is flooded like crazy again i walked in the front door and i smelt the gas coming from the garage. One thing i did notice is that when i unplug my gas line gas just pours out like crazy, but doesnt the fuel pump control that flow and shouldnt just let it pour out? What do you guys think?

Shamr0ck, you have carb problems. Stuck float or something like that. Best is to take the carbs out, clean them and resync them and install.

Cheesecake, your bike is running lean. I would clean the carbs out, sync them and intall again and adjust.

when i pull my gas tank off shouldnt the fuel pump hold back the gas and just not let it leak everywhere since it is not a gravity feed one..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back