OFFICIAL 'To the *insert car* on *insert street/highway, *insert message* ' thread

On Champlain at 70 km / h. After 1 minute behind him I flashed him twice , nothing. I honked twice, nothing. I passed by the right and stopped next to him , nothing ! He was driving like he saw a ghost in front of him. There was a baby seat in the back with a 1-2 years old kid and his wife I guess.

Speed limit is 70 km/h there, no ? :dunno:

Speed limit is 70 km/h there, no ? :dunno:
so ?

who cares what the speed limit is..don't ride on the left lane..that's meant for passing only..
Thank you

There is no passing lane in a 70 or under zone. You can pass from either lane.
What ...hold on ! Don't know if srs or not!
Anyhow...my point is ...left lane is for passing all over the world.I don't care the speed I go. If there are two lines I personally stick to the right , no matter the speed I drive !!!!
Not sure if there is a law for what you mentioned before... I'd be curious to know. Thnak you.

325.Notwithstanding section 324, where the speed limit is less than 80 km/h the driver of a road vehicle may use any of the lanes. In such a case, road vehicles moving faster in one lane than in another are not considered to be passing.

Yep, the concept of passing lanes does not exist for roads limited to 79km/h and less.

That being said, I'd say that 99% of drivers don't know that so I usually keep right on all roads unless I want to pass.

that doesn't make sense..you can still be accused by passing on the right in the city where the limit is 50...if the idiot drives on the left lane and you pass him on the right lane you're fucked...

that doesn't make sense..you can still be accused by passing on the right in the city where the limit is 50...if the idiot drives on the left lane and you pass him on the right lane you're fucked...

Contest the ticket, go to court. You'll win by default, happened to me (30 zone).

I passed a pick-up truck on the right this morning, putting my whole truck off road, on muddy terrain near a hill that ends in a ditch about 10ft below the street-level near the Ile Perrot train station.

The pick-up was stopped in the middle of the only lane with his flasher to turn left towards the information center, but traffic was gridlocking him. This message is not for the pick-up truck, it's for the idiot in the Ford Focus that was following me and got mucked up in the mud and wound up having to make an emergency maneuver to avoid falling in the ditch when his rear end started slipping towards the hill.

I have a 4x4 Sidekick with knobby, studded winter tyres on. You're driving a FWD Focus still on its summer "mags" and tyres. Don't follow me off-road. I will not stop and assist you once you get stuck. You following me to my parking spot after and giving me shit because you're an incompetent driver operating an inadequate vehicle for the maneuver you undertook will only make me mad.

When I get mad I write stern letters of protest like this one.

I passed a pick-up truck on the right this morning, putting my whole truck off road, on muddy terrain near a hill that ends in a ditch about 10ft below the street-level near the Ile Perrot train station.

The pick-up was stopped in the middle of the only lane with his flasher to turn left towards the information center, but traffic was gridlocking him. This message is not for the pick-up truck, it's for the idiot in the Ford Focus that was following me and got mucked up in the mud and wound up having to make an emergency maneuver to avoid falling in the ditch when his rear end started slipping towards the hill.

I have a 4x4 Sidekick with knobby, studded winter tyres on. You're driving a FWD Focus still on its summer "mags" and tyres. Don't follow me off-road. I will not stop and assist you once you get stuck. You following me to my parking spot after and giving me shit because you're an incompetent driver operating an inadequate vehicle for the maneuver you undertook will only make me mad.

When I get mad I write stern letters of protest like this one.

He seriously followed you and gave you shit for that? I'd've laughed lol. Was it black with black mags, one of the newish chunky ones?

Sent from the 80's using 4A-GE

Please come back when you're ready to properly follow the rules of the road.

In other words if you don't know what your talking about, you're better off saying nothing at all. Also, you're just hypothesizing... until you actually get a ticket for it, come and cry to me. The law here is written clearly, how the cop interprets it, and how it's applied are sometimes two different things. You may get a ticket for doing it, however simply contesting and using the "Notes" portion of you're contested ticket, they will usually cancel the ticket without having to goto court. Otherwise a simple phone call/fax to explain to the prosecutor the situation will get it dropped as well.

Thanks for trying though.

que sa sois 70 ou 30 , hit the boost pi passe la personne par quel coter tu veux, fait juste checker quil y aille pas de police

To the red dropped 4 door civic with hellaflush wheels this morning. I was worried you'd suddenly serve and smash into everything including me, what the hell are you doing with that setup in late November?

Back