VoIP @ home - Choice of provider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterBoy

Administrator
Who in here uses VOiP at home, instead of conventional telephony?

What is your provider???

I am not talking about skype and the likes, but a real VoIP service, where you use your regular phones and your home telephony wiring is hooked to the box that goes to the Internet, like Videotron offers...

So far, I have seem different offers, some with the box included, some BYOD (Bring your own device) ...

Amongst those I looked at, there is:

- Vonage
- Primus
- Acanac (service seems terrible...)
- VOIPGO
- Brama Telecom

Any experience?

Thanks!

j'ai VOIP avec electronicbox..

en gros j'ai un modem/voip et j'ai mon téléphone de branché dessus.. si jme trompe pas pour avoir le service voip suffit simplement de connecter le modem au niveau de l'entrée que t'avais de tes cables de téléphone a ta maison, quelque chose du genre..

si jamais tu veux aller avec eux j'ai besoin de vendre le modem en question

adsl2+ ready :bigup:

I used the Voip phone for 2 weeks at my ex house and it worked GREAT. I did alot of long distance call, never had any problem, sound is clear like conventional phone.

It's a must have

the only "down" side is that you cannot call the customer service if your internet fail. And who want to use his cellphone for a 45min call ? not me...

the only "down" side is that you cannot call the customer service if your internet fail. And who want to use his cellphone for a 45min call ? not me...

But with a rate of 150$ / year, versus over 400$ with MaBell, you don't care about that 45m call twice a year...

Not to mention ALL the features that you get...

I was not discussing the technology, but rather the choice of provider...

I am with Vonage for my home phone and fax line for a few years now. Im happy enough to not want to change...

I am with Vonage for my home phone and fax line for a few years now. Im happy enough to not want to change...

Looked at them. I'm not a cheap ass, but I don't see what more they offer for the higher price they charge. :dunno:

I am with VIF.

$10 a month, unlimited US/CAN long distance.

They take forever to set you up but once it works, it's fine.

can't wait till all your telephones get hacked and you start making fake bomb calls to schools. see you boys in jail!

Looked at them. I'm not a cheap ass, but I don't see what more they offer for the higher price they charge. :dunno:

I signed up with them years ago when they were one of the first so I realy haven't shopped around, only compared to a regular home line.
I get (what i think) is a great rate on my phone and fax and the quality is great. Maybe its time to shop around again...

I'm using Vonage for over 2 years now and I really really like it. You need to have high speed internet.

What I like most:
1. Receiving my voicemails attached as wav to an email
2. SimRing: My cellphone ring at the same time as my home phone so i can answer my home phone on my cell phone even when I'm not home.
3. no long distance fee (for north america).

Including taxes, Vonage is 23$ (19+tx) a month no contract.

If someone is looking to go with Vonage let me know ... I'll refer you and you will get a month free and I'll get a month free also.

And you can refer your friends too to get free months.

Let me know.

I'm using Vonage for over 2 years now and I really really like it. You need to have high speed internet.

What I like most:
1. Receiving my voicemails attached as wav to an email
2. SimRing: My cellphone ring at the same time as my home phone so i can answer my home phone on my cell phone even when I'm not home.
3. no long distance fee (for north america).

Including taxes, Vonage is 23$ (19+tx) a month no contract.

If someone is looking to go with Vonage let me know ... I'll refer you and you will get a month free and I'll get a month free also.

And you can refer your friends too to get free months.

Let me know.

What plan is that? The $19+tx I see gives you only 500 minutes per month... who wants 500 minutes on a flippin home phone line???

help me look for that plan u have if it's not one i described above.

babyTEL - Home Services --> à l'université je connaissais 2 personnes avec ça, mais je trouve ça cher

VOIPGO --> TERRIBLE customer service, un ami avait essayé de faire porté son # et y'étaient impossibles à rejoindre, y'a du faire un chargeback

moi aussi je magasine pour ça, BRAMA a l'air bien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back