June 6, 1944

BIGTUFFGUY

I don't know how they did it, or what made their legs work when the doors to the landing crafts opened,

I don't know where they found the strength to move forward when the machine guns swept the beach,

I don't know why, to a man, they put their personal desire for self preservation aside and moved toward certain death,

I can't imagine the overwhelming sense of fear and purpose they must have felt while watching their friends die horribly,

I know that I will never have even a fraction of the resolve and fortitude that they had that day in June,

I know that those who lived and those who died sacrificed more that day than any one of us will ever know,

and for that I thank them.

A heartfelt thank you to all those that serve and have served in our armed forces.
Lest we forget.

I will never forget the moment I sat down to watch Saving Private Ryan in theathers, I was a young punk, laughing and just being annoying, i was eating Fuzzy Peaches, and I laughed at the old guy, I was putting a candy in my mouth then as soon as the landing scene commenced, I just froze, I held my hand there mouth open paralysed by what i was seeing.

As intense as that was, it paled in comparison to being on the beaches in 2005. Seeing the huge craters and German fortifications in person is a humbling experience.

debarquement-plage-normandie-gi-us-6-juin-1944.jpg

1371841301893_zpsycpqecp8.jpg

1371841499462_zpscsiuryod.jpg

L'oncle a mon père y étais a se débarquement, il sait fais tiré dans une jambes en marchant dans l'eau, il sait réfugié en arriere d'une bariquade sur le sabre et il a attendu 2 semaines sans manger pour attendre les secours. il est maintenant deceder mais pas du au blessure de guerre

So many great men,

who did so many great things,

so that we could live such great lives.

Not something that can ever be forgotten.

As I've said before, volunteering to go to war absolutely baffles me.

My absolute respect and gratitude goes to those who do it, they're a different breed.

wow vraiment intelligent comme commentaire :squintfin*td*

X999999

Quel commentaire stupid, est-ce que tu te crois drôle? Je sais pas, mais des hommes qui on sacrifié leur vie comme ça mérite plus que des jokes aussi plates.

C'est pas mon genre de sauter vite au conclusion, mais tu dois surment appartenir aux ''grand parleur, ti-fesseur''. Oh en passant, si veux rétorquer sur mon commentaire, moi j'avoue que je serais mort de peur si j'aurai été au débarquement.

Retour au sujet. Moi j'avais joué au jeu genre ''Medal of Honor'' et en vérité...je trouvais ça drôle. Jusqu'au moment où j'ai vue ''Saving Private Ryan'', ma perception a completement changé (Surtout quand j'ai vue le gars avec les instestin à côté de lui puis il essayait de les remettre en place). Et durant mon cours d'histoire du 20iem siecle, j'ai vue des film d'archive. Et j'ai BEAUCOUP de respect pour ces hommes.

Merci à vous.

Ce sont vraiment des gens qui ont participé à l'écriture des grandes pages de l'Histoire. Je sais que j'aurais jamais le courage de passer par ce genre d'épreuve et ça me désole.. :(

Obama is da man !

He was the only leader attending who remembered to thank the Russians as well and stating this was a "just" war !

Harper was a total goof ball and out of his element !

Why are you bragging about that, what pride can he take in being a coward.

RIP to my grandfather and great-uncle they both fought and returned from storming the beach.

'Cause he didn't want to get killed in a botched operation like all his friends who died in Operation Dynamo? :rolleyes:

Obama is da man !

He was the only leader attending who remembered to thank the Russians as well and stating this was a "just" war !

Harper was a total goof ball and out of his element !

Both are tools imo.

but nothing can take away from everything the brave soldiers did for their respective populations. for country.

Both are tools imo.

but nothing can take away from everything the brave soldiers did for their respective populations. for country.

We all forget that other nations took part in WWII as well, but are never mentioned by any of our politicians nor media and somehow the enemy get all mixed up in today's generation !

Allies:
USA
UK
Canada
Russia
China
Australia
Greece
Norway
Netherlands
Poland

Axises: (The enemy)
Germany
Japan
Italy

RIP to my grandfather and great-uncle they both fought and returned from storming the beach.

Heeeey biensur parce que refuser de se faire tuer est un acte de coward....Yes yes....

Je crois que mon grand pere a voulu s'enroler mais ils lui ont dit qu il etait trop jeune.

la fierte d'etre un canadien francais qui s'est tenu devant le gouvernement canadien anglophone qui etait une marionnette de la couronne britanique et qui avait promis qu'il n'y aurait pas de conscription pour faire plaisir a la majorite canadienne francaise en temps electoral car elle etait contre cette guerre et pour ensuite revirer de cote quelques mois plus tard et imposer une conscription qui visait justement encore les canadiens francais car ceux refusaient de s'enroler contrairement aux anglais qui n'attendaient que ca aller servir de chair a cannon pour sauver l'angleterre

des milliers de canadiens francais ont fait la meme chose dont mon grand pere paternel et j'en suis fier moi aussi

Brothers in arm is the series to watch if you like those kinds of stories. it's very long but it's worth it! Those guys were real toughs!! In those DVD there is some old soldier who were there who speaks about the war and it's very very very good. You think twice befors bashing on your job after watching that.

I don't consider myself as a chicken but beeing there, for sure my pants would be full.

Respect to all those man that made our lives what they are.

Back