"Stitching" for bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchy

Legacy Member
I've seen some bikes that have what looks like stitching or staples to keep plastics together...

Is that pretty much drilling holes into the plastic and then tie wrapping the plastic so it stays together and doesn't flap around or is it something else?

vite dememe jsuis pas mal sur c'est effectivement des tie-wraps..

ya des 'soudeuses' a plastique aussi msemble.. mais jpense c'est comme les soudures de métal, faut etre bon pour que ca l'aille de l'allure

I've seen some bikes that have what looks like stitching or staples to keep plastics together...

Is that pretty much drilling holes into the plastic and then tie wrapping the plastic so it stays together and doesn't flap around or is it something else?
That's exactly it! Trust me I know :p

Yep. des trous avec des tie-wraps, ca fait des merveilles sur des fairings casses.

Trust me, I also know lol.

cool

i thought it was something else maybe

but makes sense, just need to find a drill now lol

Shouldn't you guys wait to have the bike inspected by his insurance company? Othewise they might see it as an excuse not to pay up, hence Munchy gets ass raped, and not in the way he like! mouhaha

insurance checked it out yesterday, gonna see what they say, meanwhile ill stitch it up, but i still need a new foot peg and a new clip on before i can go riding!

Well don't touch the bike till you talk to your insurance. They should pay for every thing but if you touch it, you could have problems with them after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back