Power steering belt......off

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJKRITIK

I want to remove my steering belt to gain more stability at high speed......so my question is will it damage anything ?.....like no lubrication.....any one of you guy done it?

how would that gain you any stability, power steering should be proportionnal to how fast youre going,

besides how fast are you going anyway?

normally you would remove the whole pump and the pulleys, not just the belt

en plus t'auras besoin d'une cremailliere manuelle, et non hydraulique. (civic de base pas de power steering) Les deux ne sont pas faites pareilles, et une hydraulique est TRES difficile a faire tourner quand il n'y a pas de pression. Ca n'a rien a voir avec une "power-bras", qui elle est faite pour fonctionner sans hydraulique.

Une cremailliere hydraulique (power steering) sans pompe c'est vache en tabarnack. C'est loin d'etre tout simplement "je defais la strap pis voila!"

en plus t'auras besoin d'une cremailliere manuelle, et non hydraulique. (civic de base pas de power steering) les deux ne sont pas faites pareilles, et une hydraulique est tres difficile a faire tourner quand il n'y a pas de pression. Ca n'a rien a voir avec une "power-bras", qui elle est faite pour fonctionner sans hydraulique.

Une cremailliere hydraulique (power steering) sans pompe c'est vache en tabarnack. C'est loin d'etre tout simplement "je defais la strap pis voila!"

x2 /end thread

j'ai pas de powersteering encore sur ma civic depuis que j'ai faite ma swap et j'ai une cremailliere hydaulique pis c'est ****in dure a tourner en criss... si j'etait toi je le ferrai pas moi j'essaye de le rajouter pas l'enlever....

Could explain how you would get more stability at high speed without power steering? :dunno:

Also, isn't the power steering pump driven by the serpentine belt? If so, you would also lose every other ancillary driven by the belt (like the water pump and the alternator, both of which you need if you want to drive more than a few dozens clicks... you would also lose your A/C, if you have it.)

Could explain how you would get more stability at high speed without power steering? :dunno:

Also, isn't the power steering pump driven by the serpentine belt? If so, you would also lose every other ancillary driven by the belt (like the water pump and the alternator, both of which you need if you want to drive more than a few dozens clicks... you would also lose your A/C, if you have it.)

Not all cars run with a single belt and with some cars the timing belt runs the water and oil pumps.

If you want stability, work on suspension and get some proper tires.

remove it all its fine, just gonna be a bitch in parking lots

x2, you can remove the belt without problem, it's just gonna be hard to turn.. i've ran without the belt for a very long time and nothing happened. but i don't see how this would give you more stability at high speed.. so i suggest you don't do it.

jai deja conduit un char(kia) sans power steer.....et il prennais les courbe a haute vitesse avec une meilleur stabilité.....le volant etais moins jiggy sur l autoroute.:butthead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back