1969 Yenko Camaro - sublime

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWSpeed

Never heard of this special version of the 69' Camaro, called the Yenko Camaro, that is until today.

God, this is one nice piece of Americana at it's best.

oercamaros_03.jpg

oercamaros_04.jpg

oercamaros_02.jpg

oercamaros_01.jpg

Read more at:

Matching Camaros commemorate 40th anniversary of 1969 Yenko 427 — Autoblog

Nice Yenko, pretty gay they make it seem like the new one is a yenko when it's really not. Very nice Quality build tho

la mémoire es courte, vla quelque année quand le film F&F2 a sorti, la camaro bleu avec ligne blanche, c'était une Yenko

yen avais une en démo a Laval au Colossus

bref c'était un film de merde, mais c'était en 2003

Is it the 69 trying to look like a new one, or the new camaro trying to look like an old one...

I dont have anything against the "pro-touring" trend for vintage cars, but if the 69 was a "REAL" Yenko , the guy who did that "restoration" should be burned alive! And i dont give a shit if Foose or the pope himself built it.

"Pro-touring butchery" is for a car that is NOT a rare number match and surely not for one of the most sought after pony car ever made...

dont get me wrong , I think the " pro-touring" look looks good, I even thought about "pro-touring" my '71 RS project , but I think I will take it back to its original look , even if its not a super rare pony car .

I think its important to keep these cars the way they were when new something like 40 years ago, their original feel, with crappy suspensions settings and soft seats. Its like a time capsule for the next generations (my 3 yo daughter).

if you want the old school look with doors that are tight, modern interior , big wheels and stiff suspensions , buy a new vette , challenger or mustang etc.. they do everything very well and come with a warranty.

Sometimes I think the pro-touring trend for old cars , is like cutting a 18th century piece of furniture to fit your 100" plasma screen...

But I have to admit this 69 looks pretty good...just not really my thing , OK i'm oldschool :)

Is it the 69 trying to look like a new one, or the new camaro trying to look like an old one...

I dont have anything against the "pro-touring" trend for vintage cars, but if the 69 was a "REAL" Yenko , the guy who did that "restoration" should be burned alive! And i dont give a shit if Foose or the pope himself built it.

"Pro-touring butchery" is for a car that is NOT a rare number match and surely not for one of the most sought after pony car ever made...

dont get me wrong , I think the " pro-touring" look looks good, I even thought about "pro-touring" my '71 RS project , but I think I will take it back to its original look , even if its not a super rare pony car .

I think its important to keep these cars the way they were when new something like 40 years ago, their original feel, with crappy suspensions settings and soft seats. Its like a time capsule for the next generations (my 3 yo daughter).

if you want the old school look with doors that are tight, modern interior , big wheels and stiff suspensions , buy a new vette , challenger or mustang etc.. they do everything very well and come with a warranty.

Sometimes I think the pro-touring trend for old cars , is like cutting a 18th century piece of furniture to fit your 100" plasma screen...

But I have to admit this 69 looks pretty good...just not really my thing , OK i'm oldschool :)

I agree 100% with you !

Rare cars like this should stau oldschool or a resto-mod type of vehicle is nice too: modified to what people would have done in the 1970's

Like for example a 240z should have fender flares and old school wheels !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back