what could cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pri

So yesterday I was driving on the highway when all of a sudden my car did a 1 second hesitation.

Now when I accelerate the boost takes long to build.

I was reading on vortex and it could be the following:
Stuck open westgate, stuck dv or even a bad N75.

Any idea? I will try to scan the car today.
Thanks!

Sorry to hijack your thread....but i think i also have a N75 valve problem...and since i'm looking to get my ecu flashed in a near future...what's the n75 valve that i shoul'd use? (BTW my guess is your n75 valve is dead or faulty...my car did that to me once or twice)

Tx

My N75 was changed to the N75j. I scanned my car today and nothing

And gt racer, I didn't ask them because it happened when they were closed.

Thanks Argi, I called vitali and he said to pass by.

I don't know. I didn't see any ripped hoses or anything.

Its weird. Ill get it checked out next week.

Well it doesn't hesitate at all, it was just for that 2 or 3 seconds where the car hesitated. Now the boost takes longer to build.

I wonder if maybe the turbo is own its way out the door.

I had the same problem in my mk4. It had no power so we changed the turbo. Nothing changed, then we changed the n75 because it was throwing codes. Turns out it was just a electrical problem lol. I got screwed $$$$$

Saturday,08,August,2009,11:01:58:26365
VCDS Version: Release 805.2

Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 LQ
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT G 0005
Software Coding: 07550
Work Shop Code: WSC 79415
Additional Info: 3VWSE29M63M030498 VWZ7Z0B4938279
1 Fault Found

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-00 - -

Readiness: 0000 0000

check and make sure the little diaphragm/piston inside the dv is nice and lubbed, sould have stuck a bit. That's all i got if everything else is fine

ya sounds like you have a small boost leak...my guess is stuck d.v in open position. or might be a busted hose but you did say you didnt see any...well best bet is to get it checked out..

if u were accelerating and suddenly is stuttered then usually it falls on a coil pack/a bad ground. But since it now takes a while to build boost, and with that code, i would check in the area of the n75, dv, and the surrounding hoses and attachments (all the way to the 249). most likely ur dv got stuck or opened for a split second, and no0w when u boots it doesn't stay closed all the way. meh, strasse will find da problemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back