MR encore tres lent .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ads aren't loading at all in the upper right part of the screen. IE7 no blocker.

EDIT : I do see the canoe bar though.

Are you allowing ads to run flash and / or javascript ? If the ads are killing the speed this is a real problem you gotta take care.

Ads aren't loading at all in the upper right part of the screen. IE7 no blocker.

Some of the ads seem to be getting served busted. Sometime the javascript seems messed up and I'm pretty sure one of the flash ads have crashed a browser, but just once so hard to say (flash area was a grey box). That and if I hear about a "torro mechanique" one more time I'm going to kill someone.

But, the site itself should function independantly of the ads (barring it crashing a browser). Are you having any problems posting/editing while it's loading the ads, or is it just a pain because their faulty JS is causing pop-ups (which is a problem, just not one I can do anything about... but Danny can have a word with the advertisers)?

I didnt get any real crash and the javascript error is at the left bottom of the status bar...not a real popup.

Right now when I'm writing and i can still see that IE is waiting for something....it took about 1 minute to process.

Danny should look at this indeed. Maybe go back to normal .gif banner for a while. If the ads are killing the website it will also kill the traffic....and no traffic = no $.

I think I get why sometimes it's slow and sometimes it's not.If I take more than 1 minutes to write my post then the javascript is done processing and it will post fast....if not it will wait until it's done to actually do anything. 

Again, the site should still be useable while the ads are loading. You should be able to post, etc while IE7 says it's waiting. Although I guess above you said that IE7 hangs on the javascript a bit... which is more problematic (although it's not supposedd to in a different frame).

I'll make sure he's aware that some of the ads aren't playing nice (they aren't loading in FF either right now, and FF also says the page is still loading)

Edit...
IE8 is happy

Edit...
IE8 is happier than FF, but both work smooth.

I think I get why sometimes it's slow and sometimes it's not.If I take more than 1 minutes to write my post then the javascript is done processing and it will post fast....if not it will wait until it's done to actually do anything.

So you can confirm that you're unable to post properly while it's waiting on IE7?

I can post but once I hit the "send" button nothing happens until it's done with the buggy javascript. Since nothing happens (IE icon doesnt move) I ends up hitting it one more time resulting in a double post.

EDIT: I have FF 3.5 also...much faster indeed.

So much for IE not dealing with something in another frame separately. That's bothersome.

I've sent Danny an email about the ads. I've seen this batch come up before.

Well it does deal with it separately but I think it waits for the jscript to ends before processing a postback ( hit a button).

I can write my new post without any problem beside the cpu going crazy....but once I hit send I gotta wait for the jscript error.

This is a single core P4 by the way...that probably dont help to process the jscript fast enough.

Moi ce que je trouve pas drole c'est que MR ne finit jamais de loader.

Je peux ne pas toucher a rien pendant 2 minute et ca load sans arret

Moi ce que je trouve pas drole c'est que MR ne finit jamais de loader.

Je peux ne pas toucher a rien pendant 2 minute et ca load sans arret

Technically, it's the ads that aren't done loading, they're just in frames. I've made it so that the site should still be quite functional, as I don't let the ads load until the content is loaded. I have no control over the ads, but I have gone to some lengths to make them impact the performance of the site less than they did on the old MR, which wouldn't load the content till the ads were loaded.

ok i'm starting to get enough of this....im trying to sell a car and the posting and PM's are messing up, i cant send private messages, sometimes they work other times the dont, people send me messages and i dont get them until the next day....i try sending stuff and it says ''NULL''...WTF???? when I log in it says i have new messages, I go to my inbox and there is nothing...I try to go look it things on the for sale section and the box wont stop poping up saying i have new messages everytime i click on something...its taking forever to load pages and when they do load sometimes they're in a format thats to big for the screen...problem after problem...I was giving this new site a chance but this is crazy, it makes you not even want to come anymore.

I hope you guys will fix all these problems soon, I know you're working hard and I appreciate it but lots of people have stopped using the site because of this...

ok i'm starting to get enough of this....im trying to sell a car and the posting and PM's are messing up, i cant send private messages, sometimes they work other times the dont, people send me messages and i dont get them until the next day....i try sending stuff and it says ''NULL''...WTF???? when I log in it says i have new messages, I go to my inbox and there is nothing...I try to go look it things on the for sale section and the box wont stop poping up saying i have new messages everytime i click on something...its taking forever to load pages and when they do load sometimes they're in a format thats to big for the screen...problem after problem...I was giving this new site a chance but this is crazy, it makes you not even want to come anymore.

I hope you guys will fix all these problems soon, I know you're working hard and I appreciate it but lots of people have stopped using the site because of this...

Could you tell me what browser and operating system you're using?

I haven't seen any of these issues posted about before, save the long load times, which appear to be the advertisements and shouldn't adversely affect the use of the site (although STOCK_GSR_92's IE7 is having more trouble with it than mine). That's not to say they aren't there, just that I can't fix what I don't know about.

In the mean time I'll look into getting the preference for disabling the email notificaion popup working, and I can probably have that ready for tomorrow morning. It will be in the "Messaging & Notifications" tab in the options (User CP).

Could you be more specific about what you mean by "sometimes they're in a format thats to big for the screen"? Which pages? Galleries or Threads?

One of the bugs you've mentioned has been found, the fact that you can't reply to a PM. That bug went in this morning and I'll have a fix for tomorrow morning. In the interim, you can switch to the WYSIWYG editor from the User CP, as the problem is related to the new simple editor.

One of the bugs you've mentioned has been found, the fact that you can't reply to a PM. That bug went in this morning and I'll have a fix for tomorrow morning. In the interim, you can switch to the WYSIWYG editor from the User CP, as the problem is related to the new simple editor.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Ok i'm not a big conputer guy so i'll try my best to answer your questions...browser i guess you mean ''Windows Explorer'' and operating system i'm guessing is my PC ''Windows Vista, intel Cendtrino duo'' I hope that helps...

What I ment by a format too big was that sometimes when the homepage is loading its so streched on my screen that I cant even see the log in box...this doesn't happen all the time.

I tried switching to the WYSIWYG editor and it gives me an error on the page, it never finishes loading and then it just stops loading giving the error. I'm guessing this is the reason why I still cant send PM's. This time when i tried to send a PM it just took me back to my thread page.

I hope my info helps, let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Ok i'm not a big conputer guy so i'll try my best to post answer your questions...browser i guess you mean ''Windows Explorer'' and operating system i'm guessing is my PC ''Windows Vista, intel Cendtrino duo'' I hope that helps...

What I ment by a format too big was that sometimes when the homepage is loading its so streched on my screen that I cant even see the log in box...this doesn't happen all the time.

I trried switching to the WYSIWYG editor and it gives me an error on the page, it never finishes loading and then it just stops loading giving the error. I'm guessing this is the reason why I still cant send PM's. This time whe i tried to send a PM it just took me back to my thread.

I hope my info helps, let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.

That definitely helps. Vista means IE8 probably (but maybe 7). I'll be checking what you've described in both, and will hopefully have anything I find resolved for tomorrow.

EDT: You've definitely got IE7 and we've found/fixed the bug for being unable to change preferences under personal options while in IE7. It'll be posted tomorrow morning or late tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just to clarify, when the page is loaded the size gets corrected? I thought I saw that happen once, but when I looked again the page was the right width.

Just to clarify, when the page is loaded the size gets corrected? I thought I saw that happen once, but when I looked again the page was the right width.

No, the page loads and stays that way so i hit the refresh button and it loads it again but in the right size. But it only happens sometimes and it could do it a couple of times in a row so i have to refresh until its the right size.

thanks

Uhg. I'll ticket it and look for it, but I'm not sure why it would do that, so I'm not sure how quickly we will fix it, but we will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back