>>>97 Turbo D16 365whp and 80 000km (mint)...****BACK UP FOR SALE**** new LOW price

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickd_21

>>>97 Turbo D16 365whp and 80 000km (mint)...****BACK UP FOR SALE**** new LOW price

PRICE DROPPED FROM 16 000 TO 11 750 AND DROPPED AGAIN TO $10 500!!!!

NEEDS TO GO!

So due to very unfortunate circumstances for the buyer I had aranged for the Turbo Civic, he can no longer buy the car. His reasons are valid and it's an unfortunate situation for both him and I.

Anyways, to get to the point of this post, the car is back up for sale at $11, 750...DROPPED AGAIN TO $10 500. The car can be seen and driven in as of March 15th.

Lets get this sold please

Story:

So I have finally decided to put my baby up for sale for a few reasons, the main one being that I need the money to buy a house.
This setup was originally in my first car which had 200 000km on the body. I slowly started building the engine in my garage 3 years ago and it has taken me up to today to “finish” it. Last summer, with the body rotting away on my first car, I was fortunate to find an old lady with a Red 97 civic hatch for sale with 60 000km on it (from the condition of the body, bushings, interior, etc it’s extremely easy to believe the car had this little mileage on it). So I bought the car for 5k and swapped everything onto it. The body has NO RUST on it and it has 100% original paint that looks like new. I have the car professionally detailed once a year. The car has never seen winter.

Anyone that has seen this car can attest to the fact that the WHOLE car is made up of the highest quality parts available and has been incredibly well taken care of. The car was featured as Car Of The Month on Montrealracing.com in June. Often cars with big setups like this are not very “streetable” but I can guarantee you that this thing is as close to driving a stock car as it gets. The car runs extremely strong with NO hiccups nothing. The setup is good for 400whp maybe more if you go for a bigger turbo. I’ve also gone to very great lengths to make this car a sleeper and as legal as possible to keep the police attention away, which has worked fairly well (haven’t been questioned or pulled over with the car in 2 summers).

The car is located in Quebec, Canada near Montreal. I have no problem with selling the car to someone states side.

So enough stories, I’ll get to the car itself.

Car:
97 civic CX hatchback
~80 000km on body
~16 000km on engine

Setup Summary:
D16y8 engine
Built block and head
Water-methanol injection
4-point roll bar
Wilwood Big Brake Kit
Tuned with 2 maps : one for lapping @ 10psi making ~220whp
The other made 365whp@24psi ( you can switch between these two with a switch inside the car)
Best time at Napierville = 12.7 @ 121mph on street tires and no LSD. The car is easily into the 11’s with slicks

Setup Details:
-Engine :
D16Y8 SOHC
Vitara pistons
Eagle rods
ARP 2000 rod bolts
oversized ACL race bearings
ARP head studs
re-machined and micro polished crank
OEM headgasket
OEM gasket kit
3-angle valve job on head
Skunk2 Valves
Skunk2 Springs
Skunk2 Retainers
.04 PTW clearances
Energy suspension motormount inserts
resurfaced OEM flywheel
ACTION 2MS clutch
stock si tranny

turbo setup:

Garret GT2860RS (Freshly JUST REBUILT)
Turbosmart BOV
Turbosmart 32mm wastegate
Turbosmart 2 stage manual boost controller with electronically activated switch
B&M fuel pressure regulator
780cc Precision Turbo injectors
AEM adjustable cam gear
AEM-3000 Water Methanol injection kit (I run 50/50 water meth in the one gallon reservoir)
Custom Catch can setup (two breather to the valve cover, one oil pan drain back) (made by RD Turbo)
Custom 2.5 inch Stainless intercooler piping (made by RD Turbo)
Custom 3 inch stainless down pipe (made by RD Turbo) with 3 inch exhaust (no cat, 18 inch resonator, magnaflow XL turbo exhaust)
Custom Ramhorn manifold (made by RD Turbo)
K&N filter
atmospheric 10 inch dump tube
Yonaka motorsports intercooler (24x12x3)
HUGE custom aluminum rad
Audi S4 fan
Autometer mechanical boost gauge
Autometer electrical oil pressure guage
Autometer electrical oil temperature gauge
Autometer electrical water temperature gauge
Innovate LC-1 Wideband gauge
B&M fuel pressure guage
P28 chipped ecu
OBD-2 to OBD-1 conversion
Car runs on Amsoil oil filters, with amsoil 10W30 oil, changed every 3000km
Tuned on CHROME PRO GOLD by Richard from RD turbo productions

other mods:
Passenger and Driver 5-point Leaf motorsport racing harnesses with custom mounts welded to floor
skunk2 Pro-C suspension
Custom alignment and corner-balanced
16inch Konig Countersteer wheels
Falken Azenis RT-615 tires
Two types of lock nuts
full energy suspension polyurethane bushing kit
Battery relocation into trunk
Custom 4-point roll cage (made by RD turbo Productions) (doesn’t go past front seats)
ASR subframe brace
ASR 24mm swaybar
BLOX lower control arms
2004 Porsche GT3 seats
CTR front and rear lip
badgeless grill
ALOT of security stuff
ATE Blue brake fluid
Wilwood BBK (4 piston caliper, 12.2 inch rotors)
Wilwood BR-20 pads
intergra rear disc conversion with Hawk HP+ pads
Personal steering wheel
NRG slim hub
NRG Quick release

Obviously I’m forgetting alot of stuff but this is the big points. If you have any other questions concerning the car, feel free to ask them and ill be happy to answer. I have over 15k in receipts alone for parts on this car and there is ALOT of stuff that I never got receipts for. I’ve estimated that I’ve put between 23 000-27 000 into this car in Modifications ALONE (aka not including the price of the car).

The ONLY thing “wrong” with the car is the wheels. Due to some aggressive brake pads I was running last summer, the brake dust fused itself with the paint on the wheels, and destroyed the finish. There are a number of solutions we could discuss to fix this problem if ever someone is seriously interested in the car. This is the only imperfection on the car other than one or two bumps from idiots opening their door on the car

I am asking $16 000 for the car. The car WILL sell at this price.

PRICE DROPPED TO $10 500 WITH WINTER STORAGE INCLUDED!

If you are SERIOUSLY interested in the car, I will arrange a meeting to see the car. There will be no test drives unless I am the one behind the wheel. The car is also stored for the winter so obviously no test drives will happen during the winter months.

I AM NOT PARTING THE CAR OUT, SO DON’T EVEN ASK

I just purchased another car so this needs to go. Make me an offer!

Here are a few pics for now. I have literally hundreds from when I bought my first car, built the engine, bought the second car and did the swap of all the parts, to the building of the cage, suspension install, lapping days, videos everything.

The pics are slighty outdated and don’t include the catchcan setup and battery relocation along with a few other things…if you want for pics, send me your email and ill get back to you asap:

civic-turbo-1.jpg

civic-turbo-2.jpg

civic-turbo-3.jpg

civic-turbo-4.jpg

civic-turbo-5.jpg

civic-turbo-6.jpg

civic-turbo-7.jpg

civic-turbo-8.jpg

Last edited:
Bump!
For a sick ass civic that I cross almost every day (just down the street) and it's really mint!

Good luck on the sale.:bigup:

pour avoir vu lauto au ultraride je peut vous dire que cest lun des civic les mieux modifier au qc ! bonne chance dans ta vente

sa fait un oute que je pense a vendre mon civic pour prendre celle la ! mais sa serait pas sage de ma part ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back