97 prelude is "hickuping" need to be lead in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItalianGrunt

Legacy Member
hi there the names andrew i own a 1997 honda prelude and the symptoms of the car is that it is "hickuping" basically while im driving normaly my car seems to struggle to get to a high revolution and as soon its get to a higher revolution the car jerks foward with the power and throttle response its supposed to have, im thinking i need to replace the fuel filter, i need some one to confirm this with me and if it is please let me know how to replace it, if it is not the fuel filter please lead me in the right direction, thank you very much for your time!

my distributer cap was replaced along with the wires and spark plugs and at the same time my car had received a tune up when i had those replaced and the intake is clean, so im thinking its the gas filter, i just want to make that it is that b4 i go and buy the piece and waste my time installing the part and it ends up being something else.

1. Relieve fuel system pressure easy and quick way is to place a towel around the fuel filter and slowly remove the Banjo bolt on the top of the filter. there is not much pressure but enough to make a small mess.

2. Remove the banjo bolt and the fuel feed pipe from the fuel filter

3. Loosen the fuel filter clamp and remove the fuel filter.

4. Place the new fuel filter in the bracket and put on the filter clamp

5. Connect the fuel outlet pipeand top Banjo bolt to the filter and be sure to use new crush washers privided with teh new fuel filter

6. Prime the fuel system and check for fuel leaks.

7. Have a beer

Is your Check engine light on ? if so you can hook up a scanner to get OBD2 diagnostic codes which are usualy a good starting point to find problems.

If you need help you can go see Santurbo in the east end or Go see KNS Autosport in the West Island, Im sure both would be willing to help you out

Andrew you should have mentioned this when you came to the shop last week. Phil or I would have looked at this for you.

hey greg! i did mention this to phil and we think that its the gas filter i just wanted to confirm this and get the knowledge to do it, but thanks for the heads up greg! worst case scenario ill come and give you guys a call!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back