Road Test: 2011 BMW 335is Exclusive Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointless car IMHO.

I don't know the exact pricing yet but I suspect you may be able to get the same look and performance through the aftermarket for less money. That being said, people in the market for 50K+ vehicles would rather not have the headache of dealing with the aftermarket and would gladly shell out the extra cash at BMW.

I don't know the exact pricing yet but I suspect you may be able to get the same look and performance through the aftermarket for less money. That being said, people in the market for 50K+ vehicles would rather not have the headache of dealing with the aftermarket and would gladly shell out the extra cash at BMW.

You're absolutely right but furthermore, not only do they not want to deal with the aftermarket, they would much rather know they are driving a REAL 335is.

Last edited:
It's a sportier model. What's the problem? They have always had IS variants in the 3 series line-up...why are they pointless now?

You know in a couple years people looking for used 335i will be HUNTING for these cars. I'd shell out the extra bucks if I was about to get a new 335i.

This is going to replace the old 330 ZHP, which is supposed to have been an amazing car to drive. If this car is anything like the old one, it could be interesting.

This will sell for the price of a stripped out M3 sedan.

The 335is still uses the N54 plagued by HPFP let downs. This is a marketing car, nothing else, yet stupid people will still buy into it.

This will sell for the price of a stripped out M3 sedan.

The 335is still uses the N54 plagued by HPFP let downs. This is a marketing car, nothing else, yet stupid people will still buy into it.

New 335i's will have the N55 in it with a single turbo. These new N55 engines will have all sorts of anti-tuning software from the factory to prevent companies from tuning them. It will be years before we'll see software for the N55 like there is today for the N54.

That being said, N54 engines will be more desirable than N55's.

The 335is has an N54 in it :butthead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back