mon projet: Caprice LT1 twin turbo

J'ai posé le moteur cette semaine:

moteur2.jpg

j'ai aussi commencé à travailler sur le harness, j'ai tout enlevé le fillage et connecteurs qui servent a rien

IMG_2745.jpg

et il reste ca:

IMG_2740.jpg

Il va resté à integrer le fillage du F.A.S.T et du LTCC (systeme d'ignition) et a finaliser l'installation.

20$+ l'heure, dépendament des compétances.

Simplement pas necessaire :D

Water/meth injection pis un gros front mount vont etre plus qu'assez!!

holy moly plus payant que je pensais mais bon jaime ma job ! :)

serieux jaimerais voir sa en vrai ton affaire !!

Moi aussi je suis sur la veille d'aller voir ca.
Je veut ramasser ton kit de timing gear modifier + je vais ammener de la bierre. :D

Effectivement il a l'air flambant neuf sortit du fabricant son LT-1

j'aimerais bien sa entendre le bruit qui va faire quand kranked va décoller sa... ce serait incroyable!!

laches pas kranked :butthead: *tu*

J'ai posé le moteur cette semaine:

moteur2.jpg

Il va resté à integrer le fillage du F.A.S.T et du LTCC (systeme d'ignition) et a finaliser l'installation.

i must say that looks good, not to menny people do that with V8s in general here in Quebec, let alone Canada. what are you using for trans? TH350/400/700r4/2004r or stick?

Reverse patern TH400 with a transbrake and billet shafts. Converter is a custom built Hughes Pro Series billet 10" converter.

Reverse patern TH400 with a transbrake and billet shafts. Converter is a custom built Hughes Pro Series billet 10" converter.

nice !!! good choise on the 10" converter, its gonna flash really good. i had a Hughes built 350 in my T/A . better gear ratio then the 400, but i had a street fighter converter. sold that for good $$$ to get my T-56.

ever think of getting a Gear Vendors OD ?

nice !!! good choise on the 10" converter, its gonna flash really good. i had a Hughes built 350 in my T/A . better gear ratio then the 400, but i had a street fighter converter. sold that for good $$$ to get my T-56.

ever think of getting a Gear Vendors OD ?

If I wanted an overdrive I'd get a built 4L80 instead. It's cheaper and simpler to install than a 3 speed with and additional gizmo on the end of it.

The car now has 3.23 gears. Paired with 28" tires it'll be fine on the highway.

ok, but the reason i ask is because you can split your gears at the track, you go from 1 then 1 over and so on with all the gears and it keeps your engine in the perfect power band. my cousin has this in his 71 Challenger with a built high reving 340 6 pac and its amazing what it dose. anyway...just asking cus IMO its such a great little ad on. if i were running an auto or a muncie 4 speed, id use that for sure.

splitting shifts is useless (especially with turbos...) unless your powerband is 500 rpm long...

As drag cars get faster, notice that they have less and less gears... ;)

And don't forget an automatic transmission has a torque converter... that helps alot with torque multiplication and keeps the RPM where you need it (when properly built).

not to start a shit show like last time, but you got nothing but benefits from gear slitting. but hey, to each there own.
some top fuel rail car teams use gear vendors UD/OD for gear splitting....little fun fact :D

good info here.
http://www.gearvendors.com/racing.html

You get nothing but benefit, if you need it in the first place.

With a high rpm N/A motor I can see the benefit, not with a turbo motor that has it's max torque available for 3500+ rpm. It's all about application.

Of course some racing teams use the GVOD... you can find some people using pretty much any possible combination out there :p

It's all about specific applications, classes, etc...

The GV OD is useless for my application... it could be good to lower RPM on the freeway but going to a 4L80 is a better way to do it. Cost less than the GV, easyer to install, bulletproof, etc...

INSANE IN THE MAIN BRAIN!!!

WATATOW

jtun gars de japonais lol mais ca cest fly en tabarnak!!!
props

vive les 2 turbo:p

Back