Digital SLR people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but I'm more confused after reading that thread :p

I'll take my time with this one, but in the end I am a total amateur so even the XSi will be more camera than I know what to do with.

I'm a Nikon shooter, I have a D80 which I bought a few years ago. Canon and Nikon are on par on pretty much every level. Just be aware that you're pretty much committing to a brand so you can only use lenses designed for each type of camera.

Go to Lozeau and tell them what you're going to be using it for, what you'd like to learn, get out of it, etc. and they can probably recommend one. Then take that recommendation, go home, and research it further (in case you get a sales guy who's just trying to push it on you).

www.lozeau.com

I just got my 1st DSLR, I bought one that is meant for newbies....It's a Nikon D3000 with VR lens...

Here's a pic I just took...(night pic)

RaysLugs.jpg

Either Nikon or Canon, handle both and get the one with the best handling in your hands!

But IMHO, Nikon wins hands down :D

and always remember its not the camera that makes the diff in the end its the "camera man" that makes the diff, U can have the best camera in the world but if U dont know how to take pictures or use the camera then its no use! so buy whatever and take some photograhpy lessons! thats where U will benefit! I remember seeing at the YMCA giving lessons...

j'ai une Nikon, la seule différence je dirait c'est que il y a beaucoup moins de lentille usagé dans le Nikon que dans le Canon... mais une Nikon tu peut utiliser les lentilles de n'importe quelle génération (en perdant l'autofocus) mais chez Canon, tu as moins de possibilités dans les générations...

Canon Rebel XSi is the best sub 800$ money can buy.

Nikon D3000 is a real piece of shit compared to the Rebel. If you go Nikon don't get anything under the D90 (which is really good tho)

That Xsi deal with the second battery is an ok deal, but you can get the camera with the lens for 650$ or less and get the battery of ebay for 5$..

Good luck with the purchase and have fun!

Nikon D3000 is a real piece of shit compared to the Rebel. If you go Nikon don't get anything under the D90 (which is really good tho)

That Xsi deal with the second battery is an ok deal, but you can get the camera with the lens for 650$ or less and get the battery of ebay for 5$..

I don't agree, but to each their own. I told you, you know you want a D40 :D

You're right, the D40 and D3000 are excellent point and shoot cameras, then if you wanna go beyond that get a Rebel or a D90. To each their own Tony!

D5000 have the same sensor as the D90.

- Screen have less resolution but it's fine for starting, always sweet since it rotate
- No build-in AF motor but most lens have AF anyway.

D3000 for some might do the job, personally i wouln'd touch it either.

Personally i have a D5000... D5000 vs D90 was a hard choice but i don't regret mine until now.

Nikon vs Canon is like honda vs vw.. I shoot Nikon cause thats what I started with but you cant go wrong with either..
Btw yes the d40 is a great camera.Ive actually shot at events and done photoshoots with one on a few occasions.

i just got an k-x with 14-50 and 50-200 lenses for $750, pretty nice features exept for auto focus in live view witch is slow, can take 1 sec to focus properly, but low light pictures are just amazing even at 3200 iso

i just got an k-x with 14-50 and 50-200 lenses for $750, pretty nice features exept for auto focus in live view witch is slow, can take 1 sec to focus properly, but low light pictures are just amazing even at 3200 iso

Nikon is the same in LiveView (D5000 and D90) as some Sony since they all use the same Sony sensor.

AF in LiveView can be 5 to 10 times longer, anyway LiveView is crap on those entry level DSLR. The only time i use my LiveView is for some special angle photo and in those case am set in manual focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back