2010 VW Drag car

euroroccoT

Shop Representative
Well after 2 great season with our mk3 a oppurtunity came around to get this car, and since i first saw it a few years back i wished someday to drive a chassis of that caliber,The car was built by Kens kustom chassis for yarrowsport in the hope of one day running 8s, the time is now!

It made is way to Canada and the shop who got it and saw we were running great times with our mk3 and offered us the car, and well the rest is history..

We have another fully built engine new tranny new intercooler system, new turbo set up and suspension set up all going in, so with my goal to have everything done for april i needed to get started so im doing this from home

engine
New custom CP piston with steel pin
IE Tuscan I beam
Arp studs/bolt on bottom end
Raceware headstuds
billet main
New FSI crank
TKrace fully built head with supertech valvetrain
Custom cat Cams
etc

New custom dogbox (not sqs) better ratio for 28"
custom A1 cvtech axles

Twin A1000 pump
ID2000cc to run higher boost and elf 124 leaded

New exhaust manifold built to our spec by Jim at racecraft
Bullseye S372r race cover T4
4" exhaust
Twin 46mm wastegate

Eurodyne Custom 2000cc file

New air water intercooler system

Custom Hotbits coilovers made for strange rear brake set up.

Wilwood clutch/brakes pedal assembly

Custom 1 pieces front end

Custom exospeed wheels
Chomemoly cage by Kens kustom chassis

Custom steering

still lots of work to do but im working on it everynight and parts are coming in daily.

Im so happy to have this car and this is my last car and looking for some solid numbers when dialed in. hope to see many more racers out for 2010

I was very happy with our progress we made from 2008 10.20@150mph to 2009 (9.14@164mph) and can't wait for new number 2010.

Really can't wait to have it finished sincee for last 3 years i have been working on building new drag car every winter, hard on the wallet and myself

update 03/07/2010

Well the day as come to pick up my car from http://www.rickdesign.ca/
If you need fiberglass parts done he does awesome work. These are not final pics i will only have does ones when i pick it up this sunday
We wanted to keep the mk4 lookbut xtremely wide and clean front end, im super happy with results and can't wait to paint it and make some passes.

The only thing missing is our Custom made Dogbox from a top notch company, they are 1/2 way done and expect to ship to me on the 15-17march, We will have the 4speed and 6speed 02J available thru us they are not SQS, we worked really hard to make this deal and feel it was neccesary to have a company that wanted to evolve the VW tranny to make it stronger, so stay tune for another/only dogbox for 02J casing..

IMG_1447.jpg

Raentec solution control arm bearings
IMG_1409.jpg

Autoxtrem pinion brace a must to keep bellhousing togheter
IMG_1504-1.jpg

FSI crank
IMG_1522.jpg

IE Tuscan I beam with arp 625 bolt
IMG_1518-1.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

Hotbits custom coilovers
IMG_1517-1.jpg

mocking up
dragsuspension011.jpg

dragsuspension013.jpg

dragsuspension017.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

dragster003.jpg

dragster004.jpg

mail.jpg

mail2.jpg

mail3.jpg

Is that the MK4 Golf Raentec Solutions had?? Nice car!! And that intercooler setup looks pretty familiar.. It was on his 24v turbo 700hp street car

Yeah teh car was built for yarrowsport and LUC got it and never touched it and call us and offered the car so we took it. Yes Luc as helped us with the intercooler, when you want to build a car from nothing you need help and Luc as helped us.

Can't wait to see this car run... he had it for a summer doing nothing! The back break setup is from a sports bike, correct?

I remember it was suppose to be a 24v Turbo with like 1000hp

they had plans for it for sure..

but we are looking at 900hp with our 4cyl on stock ecu Eurodyne software, we have big plans and big objectives and every year we have reached them.

You guys impress me big time. If not for the record setting times, just the fact that you are able to make time to work on these crazy projects is amazing. I have been trying to build a personal project for 2 years now, and I just cannot find the time. How do you do it?

Either way, project looks like it will be setting new records this year, without a doubt. The exhaust manifold looks slick, is it 321? Are you planning on supporting the turbo?

Best of luck to you guys! (Not that you will need it!)

Last edited:
yes we run our brace, the way the vw housing is made already somewhat as a cuff since both shafts go thru and are held in place already with a bearing, the big insurance gain is the brace not the cuff, trust me..

Il faudrais je verifier si mon client veut encore le vendre

Je viens de revenir de Rich Design aller cherche l' auto, maudit y travaille bien, vous avez besoin des pieces de fibres Rick est le meilleur..

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

tien moi au courant car mon T66 n'est plus assez gros pour mon nouveau but qu tu m'a mis au défi...

Je veux dépasser les 1000 cheveaux

Dom j'irais plus avec s374 T4 meme t6 avec le gors v8.

windows going in this week, complete floor, finish shifter cables, then strip complete sand it down and Paint next week, the custom gears should be arrive ,then dyno and track. mid april this bad boy will finaly making down the track..

what beast this car is gonna be. the turbo setup is just amazing. You guy gotta definitely get some YOUTUBE vids going when this beast is ready.

Back