Where to buy mattress bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

racingmontreal

Hey guys, im looking to buy a new single and queen size mattess bed. Any recommendation for which stores has a good pricing in montreal island?

I want to avoid big stores like sears, leon, ikea, I want to check out local stores as they have usually better pricing. Thanks a bunch.

And bargain... Mattresses is one of the biggest items you have to bargain on. You can easily pay it half price.. Go to dormez vous, tell them you saw a matress you liked at Brault & Martineau for a fraction of the price. . .

Clockwork's got it right... mattresses have monster mark ups... you can realistically get 40% off the retail easily if not more. I ended up getting my Sealy King at B&M because quite frankly they gave me the best deal...

The difference between a good and bad mattress is a couple of hundreds to a thousand dollars ! I was director of Quality for the company that makes them for all the big brands like Sealy, Serta and Simmons. The brand name itself will not guarantee you a good mattress, it is the series within each brand that makes the difference !

Considering people spend 60% of their life in bed, it pays to make a good investment on a good quality mattress.

Are you looking for coil spring or complete foam mattresses ?

is it true you sweat alot in a foam/latex matress because they dont breath

Latex foam is a close cell foam so it does not breath unlike open cell polyurethane foam

Latex foam is a reinvention of an old product from the 50's where latex foam which was notorious for being heavy and became brittle and crumbled over time and replaced with a superior new product called polyurethane foam which is used in 99% of the current furniture. It is amazing how the marketing gurus can take an old inferior product and make it appear like it was just developed and charge three times more on top of it by saying it is a natural non allergic product and eco friendly, well so is shit ! ...LoL

lmaoooo so would I... because I sleep on average like 4-8 hours every 24 hours... so more like 17-33% for me!

You forgot ages 0-6 and then from 65-death, the days you were sick till the day you are bed ridden ! ...LoL

The mattress companies already did the calculations, we use to call mattresses love machines, birth machines, death machine etc...

Then we questioned why some dude would spend $30,000 on a custom made mattress formed in the shape of a heart, that got us thinking why people spend $40,000 on a car and a measly $400 for a mattress that he uses everyday for the better part of his day and life !

You forgot ages 0-6 and then from 65-death, the days you were sick till the day you are bed ridden ! ...LoL

I didn't... see below

Then we questioned why some dude would spend $30,000 on a custom made mattress formed in the shape of a heart,

because they have no dick?

The mattress companies already did the calculations, we use to call mattresses love machines, birth machines, death machine etc...

there's no bias there, right?

These are quick calculations using recommended sleep times for kids 0-18 from here:http://www.webmd.com/parenting/guide/sleep-children?printing=true I assumed that people will sleep 8 hours from 18-63, but I honestly don't know many people who sleep that much. I also assumed an increase to 9 hours upon retirement, but the retired people I know sleep 7-8 hours, if that.

I'd also like to draw attention to your deathbed argument; I highly doubt that most people are bedridden for extended periods of time before dying. Of the people I've known who have died, none spent more than a few days bedridden before passing, and most were never bedridden at all. I defy you to demonstrate that most people spend a significant amount of time on their mattress before dying.

Anyway, let's run some quick and dirty numbers, shall we?

age .........hrs slept
0-1 mth ......16 .........16*1/12*1
1-4 mth ......15......... 15*1/12*3
4-12 mth ....15 ......... 15*1/12*8 ............15.08333333
1-3 yrs .......14 .............2*14 ......................28
3-6 yrs .......12............. 3*12 ......................36
7-12 ......... 11 ............. 6*11 .....................66 **calculated as 6-12yrs
12-18 ..........9 ..............6*9....................... 54
18-65 ......... 8 ............. 47*8..................... 376
65-83 ......... 9 .............18*9 ..................... 162

737.0833/83
/ 83 yrs
8.880522088 avg hours/day
0.370021754 % slept

Now, let's assume that every day you spend 1hr getting to sleep. 1hr getting out of bed and 1 hr fucking (bear in mind,
this is from birth to death... I wish I was getting laid as a 2 year old, and I hope to bang daily at 80)
=8.880522+3
11.8833 avg hours/day
0.4951375 % in bed

We'll try again. Let's say that on top of getting the recommended amount of sleep until hitting 83, you live another
20 years as a vegetable, spending 24 hours a day in bed

83-103 ....... 24 hrs/day......20*24 .........480
=480+737.0833
/103 yrs
11.81634272 avg hours/day
0.492347613 % in bed

Okay, let's assume that every day you spend 1hr getting to sleep. 1hr getting out of bed and 1 hr fucking, while being bedridden for 20 years after hitting 83.
Of course, you're a fucking vegetable for the last 20 years (no pun intended), but let's ignore that.

=11.8164+3
14.81634 avg hours/day
0.617348 % in bed

So, here your numbers work. Assuming that the average person gets the recommended amount of sleep every night
from birth to the age of 83, then becomes a vegetable and lives to the age of 103, while still chilling and fucking
on their mattress despite being a bed-ridden vegetable 24 hours a day after hitting 83, meaning that from 83 to 103 they
are finding 27 hours a day to be a vegetable, fall asleep, get up (to be a vegetable) and fuck.

Now, lets assume that the average person gets the recommended amount of sleep from birth to age 65, then lives
another 25 years as a vegetable. Lets also assume that they take an average of 3 hours a day to fall asleep, get up and
fuck (on top of the 24 hours/day of marinating after hitting 65). So, again, we're working with magical 27-hour days.

@65, from above 575.0833333
25 years as a vegetable 25*24= 600
/90 yrs
13.05648148 avg hours/day
0.544020062 % in bed

doesn't work yet

add the 3 hours
0.669020062 % in bed

So, your numbers work if we assume that the average person lives well beyond the life expectancy of the average Canadian, manages to be a vegetable for 20+ years, fucks while they're a vegetable, stretches the average day beyond 24 hours and sleeps more than anyone I know (and I know some pretty lazy people).

Let's look at it another way:

I'm going to use the 8.880522 as the average amount of sleep per night over a life time and add an extra 2 hours per day as time spent in bed awake. Let's see how much of a 90 year lifespan has to be spent bedridden 24 hours a day to reach the average of 14.4 hours a day needed to say people spend 60% of their time in bed:

((90-X)*10.880522+(24*X))/90=14.4
(979.247-10.880522X+24X)/90=14.4
979.247+13.11948X=1296
13.11948X=316.753
X=24.14372 years
24.14372/90=.268264

So someone who sleeps the recommended amount and spends an average of two hours a day in bed on top of sleep, who lives to the age of 90 would have to be bedridden for more than a quarter of their life.

Of course, I'm being facetious, but I'd still like to see the model you're using.

Otherwise, I call shennanigans.

^ lol

Thanks for the help guys, but im looking for something alot cheaper. A regular spring matress bed for around 100-200$ . anyone know these types of stores who sells them?

^ lol

Thanks for the help guys, but im looking for something alot cheaper. A regular spring matress bed for around 100-200$ . anyone know these types of stores who sells them?

You are asking for trouble if you think you are going to get a decent spring coil queen mattress at that price, I don't think it is even possible for that size maybe a twin, but not a queen, they will sag within 2 months. My best advice to you is to get a high end foam mattress for around the $350-$500 range. For spring coil don't even consider it if it isn't over $1,200 MSRP !

i got super lucky. i had a connection through my mechanic to find new, but slightly damaged matreses. i forget which brand i have but i found it only retailing for 1800$ and i got it for 170$ because the client refused it on delivery because the delivery guy caught it on something and the side got ripped. my g/f sewed that right up and now we have a really comfy king size.

You are asking for trouble if you think you are going to get a decent spring coil queen mattress at that price, I don't think it is even possible for that size maybe a twin, but not a queen, they will sag within 2 months. My best advice to you is to get a high end foam mattress for around the $350-$500 range. For spring coil don't even consider it if it isn't over $1,200 MSRP !

100-200 for a single and 200-300 for a double, is what im looking for. I'm open to any type of matress within that price range. know any small local stores i can hit up? all the big retails stores are at least 500+

thanks guys.

100-200 for a single and 200-300 for a double, is what im looking for. I'm open to any type of matress within that price range. know any small local stores i can hit up? all the big retails stores are at least 500+

thanks guys.

Did you try Matelas Martin ?, they can custom make to any grade of foam you want since they work directly with the foam company. They have the machines to put the quilting on, so they can do it within a week. Ask for Velva 40 HR foam mattress or Velva 35 if you want it softer. Don't fall for those cheaper filler foam mattress they sell for $99 to $200, you are basically buying talc powder mixed into the foam for weight as foam is sold by the pound and they will sag in less than 2 months.

For the price you're looking for you should go to a motel and ask the owner to sell you a used one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back