This morning WTF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melon d'eau

I turned on my laptop this morning and I get this message.
Luckily I have a desktop that I use 24/7 now.
So what to do? Can I just copy that corrupt or missing file over on to the hard drive? I'm not a software type of guy so any help is appreciated here.
when I put in the windows disk and select my language it wants to do a complete installation but I do not want to lose my data.

232323232%7Ffp537%3B%3A%3Enu%3D53%3C3%3E733%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B47%3B7956345nu0mrj

wow , thanks for the help

Repair installation , if its okay after , check your C drive for errors.

when i select repair it wants to do a complete installation and I lose my data. I do not want to lose the data so ask if i can just copy that corrupt file on the c drive and then try to start up windows.

did you install anything recently? sound card , network card etc.. ?

Can you enter safemode or last know good configurations using F8 at bootup?

if you can get to a command prompt you can try to Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

If all else fails, try repairing windows by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341) I assume your running XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788

did you install anything recently? sound card , network card etc.. ?

Can you enter safemode or last know good configurations using F8 at bootup?

if you can get to a command prompt you can try to Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

If all else fails, try repairing windows by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341) I assume your running XP.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788

I wish i was running XP, this is business vista 64 bit

I wish i was running XP, this is business vista 64 bit

even easier then!! just select custom install and select the same drive where vista is installed. It will install and move all old files from previous OS into a folder called "c:/oldwindows" ( it will confirm this to you). you can then access all your old files. You will have to re-install all your programs but no files will be lost.

The best thing to do in this situation is remove the HardDrive from your laptop and connect it to another machine via SATA to USB. You can make a backup of your files and then check the drive for errors.

This problem is usualy caused by one of 2 things. Defective system memory or the more likely, bad sectors on the Harddrive. You HD might still be good but after seeing an error like that I would do a full low level format followed by a scan.

a lot of malware hide themselve by renaming themselves as tcip.sys.

try with ur windows CD to Repair ur OS. it'' reinstall only ur OS u wont lose nothing else.

You can try connecting the drive as a SLAVE on another system and running a scandisk (or just letting the startup scandisk run on it). Sometimes it works.

J'ai eu ce problème au moins 6 fois avec Vista 64bit après des update windows... C'était toujours un fichier différent... j'ai tout essayé et rien de fonctionnait.... obliger de tout réinstaller....

Jai copier mes fichiers sur un autre ordi... et apres les 6 fois, jai installé Windows XP 64 bit (De losti de marde, mais au moins ca crashait pas)

Depuis que Windows 7 64bit est sorti, c'est ca que j'ai et ca roule comme un charme enfin,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back