Seperate Euro Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan, I hear you, I see what your trying to say, I'll be serious. My main question is why anyone would be upset, the VW guys have their section, they are used to it, nothing in there would change. Volvo/Saab would be seperate, not affecting in any way VW. If you say its low traffic you guys wont even notice its gone. Where is the problem.

I wanted to revisit the idea so I did a search for Volvo in the VW forum and i came up with about 500 threads which is actually more than Mercedes lol. I'd be open to the section if a bunch of people voiced their support. So who's for it and who's against it?

first off thanks mods for taking care of all the bull that was happening here.

second like i always said, opening a whole other section might not be so great, but if we split the sections like VW/Audi Volvo/Saab and BMW/Mercedes or Mercedes/Euro

i think getting the opinion of the BMW/mercedes guys would be best before changing anything..

Jordan, I hear you, I see what your trying to say, I'll be serious. My main question is why anyone would be upset, the VW guys have their section, they are used to it, nothing in there would change. Volvo/Saab would be seperate, not affecting in any way VW. If you say its low traffic you guys wont even notice its gone. Where is the problem.

true, plus nothings stopping them from posting in both sections. So no problem I guess.

Danny it would help the promotion of a volvo/saab section if the VW section mod would not delete the thread.

I just don't think its suited for the VW section... maybe if you put it in the MB section? or BMW you might get better response
http://www.epic-velocity.com/forums/index.php/topic,6064.msg137300.html#msg137300

Last edited:
Posting a thread like yours in the vw section is pointless and would just lead to another thread such as this one with people hating and arguing.

You should post it as a poll only so you can see how many people vote for or against it and take the decision from there.

We dont need another thread going back and forth with the same arguments over and over again.

enough time was wasted in this thread and everyone is still in the exact same predicament as they were in before. so basically all this bitching and complaining got you guys absolutely no where.

Just do things properly or let it be. Mr is still working as it is now another section will not change much. If you really want tech help or discussions about Volvo you should really join a Volvo forum. because in the past couple years mr has been more for posting pics, making meets, posting articles, and talking shit. I have not seem many usefull discussions regarding fixing anything in a while.

A vehicle specific forum would be the best place for you to seek out acceptance and help regarding your vehicle.

My 2 cents

let me help

http://forums.swedespeed.com/

If anything myself and mk2-1jz were the only ones wasting our own time.. And I believe we have advanced by the majority not liking this idea.
http://www.epic-velocity.com/forums/index.php/topic,6064.msg137300.html#msg137300
Just an observation, time was not completely lost

Last edited:
why swedespeed,
why not volvospeed or volvo fourms or club volvo quebec or turbo speed or canadian volvo fourms this isnt the point.

it would be neat to have a place here to post pictures, and talk.. however from what im seeing noones against it except you, everyone doesent care, because it wont change anything for them.

why swedespeed,
why not volvospeed or volvo fourms or club volvo quebec or turbo speed or canadian volvo fourms this isnt the point.

it would be neat to have a place here to post pictures, and talk.. however from what im seeing noones against it except you, everyone doesent care, because it wont change anything for them.

You have that, please refer to this link:

Volkswagen/Euro Thread

Good day

why swedespeed,

Are you for real? I honestly don't understand why you keep trying to single me out..

then you say I'm the one starting shit...
Instead of repeating myself I will just quote it:

I don't want to start a shit storm yet again but I'd have to say im against, although if you make it in a way that will not affect the pleasant navigation of MR then im indifferent

I believe that is me not caring about the idea under one condition: that it will not affect the pleasant navigation of MR.

I am not the only one who shares this idea:

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700439

are you going to let me go now and deal with the subject at hand?

Last edited:
You have that, please refer to this link:

Volkswagen/Euro Thread

Good day

why are you so against this?

like i said:
most of the posts there are VW, i dont feel that other euro makes (other than audi) fit in with VW. Now ill talk about volvo specifically. Most (95%)of the posters there are VW guys, and they probably dont know much about the other makes, or dont care, and probably wont even look at the thread if its a question about a car that there not interested in/ know anything about. So it would be nice if we can get a group (even if its smaller) of people who are knowledgeable, like, and want to talk about Volvos. I drive a european car, but that doesent mean i know anything about or necessarily want to talk about VW/AUDI/BMW/Mercedes/others, although when i see a nice car i do respect it, but honestly most sick photography of any car gets posted in general for everyone to see anyway..

edit: thats really all i have to say about that i guess...

Posting a thread like yours in the vw section is pointless and would just lead to another thread such as this one with people hating and arguing.

You should post it as a poll only so you can see how many people vote for or against it and take the decision from there.

We dont need another thread going back and forth with the same arguments over and over again.

enough time was wasted in this thread and everyone is still in the exact same predicament as they were in before. so basically all this bitching and complaining got you guys absolutely no where.

Just do things properly or let it be. Mr is still working as it is now another section will not change much. If you really want tech help or discussions about Volvo you should really join a Volvo forum. because in the past couple years mr has been more for posting pics, making meets, posting articles, and talking shit. I have not seem many usefull discussions regarding fixing anything in a while.

A vehicle specific forum would be the best place for you to seek out acceptance and help regarding your vehicle.

My 2 cents

Its true there is not much tech on MR, and I can only imagine why. Most "car enthusiasts" stopped working on their own cars in our generation and started bringing them into garages to have all their work done. Its all about pics and looks now, of course I'm generalizing. Thats why tech is failing on here, its not the cars of the forum, its the people. You can plainly see that MR has just become a chat center and what the cars are really about has taken the toilet, I agree with that point nom nom. I personally rarely look for tech, I post it up, so for me it changes nothing really, I have my dealer shop manuals and I roll straight up with that. I'm looking at this on the contributing side.

You cant say there is no tech on here, a lot of the links are dead (for example in the honda section) but for instance I started a bit of tech in the toyota section, I made my 2jz swap bible to get rid of the annoying questions in that section. It would ideally be cool if MR could be a resource for all members, like those who are doing swaps or custom stuff etc, except it caters to just those who believe in aesthetics and like you said "talking shit or shooting the shit". I personally like reading full swap guides and how people find creative ways to do shit, like custom machining or posting up resources like a dude doing a machining course who has access to the facility after hours to make shit or what not. Its sad that no one on here posts up what they really do with their cars or how they did it.

I guess I in-vision a more well rounded MR, I mean yeah, EURO is everything that comes from Europe, but the differences between every single make is vast. I found it odd to group all Euro cars in with the biggest party VW, because as we know, VW has found their own creative ways of manufacturing their shit that practically no other company does it the same as they do. I never thought people would bitch, because if you ever worked on 2 separate European makes you realize very quickly the differences and why they shouldn't be grouped together. I see it anyways, but I've had the chance to see a few sides.

If you guys just think because its European and it can be taken in a photograph is enough to cancel the potential of another section of which I'm sure could be filled pretty fast with a lot of articles, thats cool, personally I'll take all your suggestions and just post it someplace else. No skin off my back, whatever I post wont help the majority of the people in the current section anyways. My bro suggested it and I never thought there would be backlash concerning the growth of MR, guess you don't know people as well as you think.

Mah real 2 cents.

Are you for real? I honestly don't understand why you keep trying to single me out..

then you say I'm the one starting shit...

Instead of repeating myself I will just quote it:

I believe that is me not caring about the idea under one condition: that it will not affect the pleasant navigation of MR.

I am not the only one who shares this idea:

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700439

are you going to let me go now and deal with the subject at hand?

It is true dude, your really not indifferent, I have the threads that got deleted the other day saved as proof. If it wasnt for you, I think all of 3 people only would have read his suggestion in the suggestion box if you had not started bad tripping in there. (this of course all got deleted) it would have slipped under the mat and got forgotten, I guess we can thank you for the promotion of the idea really. Good job :bigup: and I'm being sincere.

My thread was not at all douchy like the posts you have made and repeated. Why you keep raging on this if your indifferent and you dont care. Its just me and my bro you want to beef with, I told you already, we'll go out to lunch and have a chat if you need to calm down.

Last edited:
why are you so against this?

like i said:
most of the posts there are VW, i dont feel that other euro makes (other than audi) fit in with VW. Now ill talk about volvo specifically. Most (95%)of the posters there are VW guys, and they probably dont know much about the other makes, or dont care, and probably wont even look at the thread if its a question about a car that there not interested in/ know anything about. So it would be nice if we can get a group (even if its smaller) of people who are knowledgeable, like, and want to talk about Volvos. I drive a european car, but that doesent mean i know anything about or necessarily want to talk about VW/AUDI/BMW/Mercedes/others, although when i see a nice car i do respect it, but honestly most sick photography of any car gets posted in general for everyone to see anyway..

edit: thats really all i have to say about that i guess...

Maybe you should actually start posting volvo threads in the vw/euro section and see if there is any interest before trying to make a whole new section for nothing. There has been plenty of volvo threads and other euro not only vw. The reason that they have the majority is because there is a huge vw comunity in mtl, much more so than volvo. But no one is going to bash on you for posting non vw stuff in that section.......sure maybe you wont get responses if your looking for tech info, but if you post up your car or pics of other euro cars no one is going to hate.....

Matt you need to try and post threads up before your try to make a huge change on the site....The fact that you have no previous proof of getting shut down or anything doesnt really help your cause.

Im not trying to start an argument Im just saying that there is so much bs in this thread for absolutely no reason. Do as Danny suggested, show him proof that there are enough members that post regularly that have an interest in a volvo section....because all I am seeing is you wasting your time in here instead of helping your own cause.....

and Jamie....Your post was mad long, and I dont feel like typing anymore, we should discuss this with some chill age at your place tomorrow night

lets really not get into this again... I really can't believe this lol

I'm not raging this must be understood but if this (the second time around) will go over the same way (thanks matt for singling me out yet again) I will not be a part of it. I like browsing MR and getting banned is not on my to do list.

I don't get why my brother isn't backing you up... I mean he has a volvo and all and I don't see him making a big fuss..

Anyways I am indifferent and good luck with your suggestion. I hope it works out for the best for all of MR!

and im being sincere

Merci et bon jour mon homme! :)
*don't worry the threads didn't get deleted (maybe the one in offtopic I haven't looked) but the one in the VW section is merely locked so all of your proof is available to everyone! (YAY!)

Last edited:
Maybe you should actually start posting volvo threads in the vw/euro section and see if there is any interest before trying to make a whole new section for nothing. There has been plenty of volvo threads and other euro not only vw. The reason that they have the majority is because there is a huge vw comunity in mtl, much more so than volvo. But no one is going to bash on you for posting non vw stuff in that section.......sure maybe you wont get responses if your looking for tech info, but if you post up your car or pics of other euro cars no one is going to hate.....

Matt you need to try and post threads up before your try to make a huge change on the site....The fact that you have no previous proof of getting shut down or anything doesnt really help your cause.

Im not trying to start an argument Im just saying that there is so much bs in this thread for absolutely no reason. Do as Danny suggested, show him proof that there are enough members that post regularly that have an interest in a volvo section....because all I am seeing is you wasting your time in here instead of helping your own cause.....

and Jamie....Your post was mad long, and I dont feel like typing anymore, we should discuss this with some chill age at your place tomorrow night

Was worth reading IMO.

But Jared, I'm going to have to say I understand why matt wont post in there, its the same reason as me, its going to get drowned to the bottom of the pile and probably now hated on cause of all this commotion. There are a few peeps who egos are bigger than their brains in that section, and no its not you blackcivic11. If the big man wants to set up a section, its cool I'll post up some how-tos and model specific write ups, if not I found a solution.

for tomorrow though, Sounds fantastic I get off work at 530 I want to shower then we can chillax.

lets really not get into this again... I really can't believe this lol

I'm not raging this must be understood but if this (the second time around) will go over the same way (thanks matt for singling me out yet again) I will not be a part of it. I like browsing MR and getting banned is not on my to do list.

I don't get why my brother isn't backing you up... I mean he has a volvo and all and I don't see him making a big fuss..

Anyways I am indifferent and good luck with your suggestion. I hope it works out for the best for all of MR!

and im being sincere

Merci et bon jour mon homme! :)

*don't worry the threads didn't get deleted (maybe the one in offtopic I haven't looked) but the one in the VW section is merely locked so all of your proof is available to everyone! (YAY!)

Maybe your bro doesnt want to bash his little bro for not having the same views as him, then you'd have 3 questioning why your wont let up. Just saying.

But its ok guys, I found a place to post my stuff. We wont need to bullshit on here anymore and you guys get to have an un-polluted VW section to yourselves, they straight up have divided sections, s'all good for me.

http://www.epic-velocity.com/forums/index.php/board,38.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back